• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Manifold Vacuum Line Mystery

LynchMob

NAXJA Forum User
1999 I6 AW4 A/C Cruise

I noticed what seems to be a missing vacuum line off of my intake. If you look just below the MAP sensoe there are three ports in a line horizontally coming off the side of the intake manifold. My first one (the front one) has no line off of it...it's just open...whistling at me. My FSM is no help and I can't find a stray hose anywhere. What does this go to?

Thanks.

Darren.

I know there are a few other late model XJ owners on the board.

Could somebody please trace this vac line? I need help on this asap.

Even if you don't know what it is for...just a description of where it runs to would be great!

Thanks.

Darren

Is there a sticker somewhere under the hood or on firewall with a emissions/vacuum diagram that could help?

Just looked at my 2000 XJ Limited, AW4, etc.

If you are talking about the 3 ports on the driver's side of the intake manifold, about half-way up the side, the middle port is larger diameter than the other 2... The front port on mine has a plug over it. There is no hose connected to it. HTH

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. I was hoping for that answer.

As for the diagram...my FSM refers to one but I can't seem to find it.

Regards,

Darren

Back