• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring Q...

JasonY

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE 1462 and its WAY too high right now, i heard that removing a ply would lower it some, if that is true, which ply should i remove and how much would it drop?

Jason

Sell your springs and buy new/different set...don't bother removing the leafs...

JasonY said:
I have the RE 1462 and its WAY too high right now, i heard that removing a ply would lower it some, if that is true, which ply should i remove and how much would it drop?

Jason

Add a spacer to the front to level it out.......

:D

Can you remove a leaf? Yes, and it will soften the spring rate and reduce the lift, but it's all trial and error. No one here could tell you which leaf to remove and what the results would be because more than likely no one has done it.

Because the spacing between the leaves will change, you could end up shortening the life of the springs, but you could always put the leaf back in. Doing this is very iffy.......no way to predict the result.

Back