• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help on pour mans sye

big cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i called currie tryin to get the flange needed for the sye,they dont sale it by its self anymore also the spicer part needed is obsolete according to six states. so im wondering if i can use a flange from a hack and tap and use a addapter from currie for the drive shaft any help would be great i need my jeep to drive again.

thanks

big cherokee said:
ok so i called currie tryin to get the flange needed for the sye,they dont sale it by its self anymore also the spicer part needed is obsolete according to six states. so im wondering if i can use a flange from a hack and tap and use a addapter from currie for the drive shaft any help would be great i need my jeep to drive again.

thanks
Companies usually want you to buy the whole kit.

If you need parts from a vendor, tell them the part you need broke and that the part was from one of their kits. Most of the time, the company gives good customer service to past customers.

May not be the most honest tactic, but when you need a part, you need a part and they're still selling a part.

Last edited:
so what happens if I actually bought the Currie kit and the seal goes bad? Buy another new kit? I don't ****ing think so.....

Do what Terry said.

The only part they say they wont seperate from the TJ kit(the one you want), is the shaft itself. I am working on that though as I may just get one of those and say screw the cut shaft.

Fergie

i tried that i told them that i stipped the flange out for the yj kit and the guy was like sorry but you can only buy the whole kit. i ran it past him somemore hoping he would give in but he didnt so now to get that flange its 160 bucks along with some other stuff i dont need.

Call back until you get someone else. I didnt have a bit of trouble. If you are still looking in a week or so, I may sell mine to go to a yoke style...no promises though.

Fergie

where can i get a yoke style from
will the front yoke work on the rear because i can get ahold of one of those reall easy. and i would rather run that and cut out the spicer part and save some money.

ECKSJAY said:
All these headaches instead of spending $225 on a real SYE?

:kissyou:
Some folks aren't satisfied with just plug-and-play.

There is a bit more satisfaction in piecing together your own setup, even though it may end up exactly as it would have if it were ordered in one big box.

Okie Terry said:
Some folks aren't satisfied with just plug-and-play.

There is a bit more satisfaction in piecing together your own setup, even though it may end up exactly as it would have if it were ordered in one big box.

Meh, I suppose you're right. ;) I had a Republican flashback. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

:laugh3:

ok so if i am running the crappy peugot tranny and a 231 with a nine inch in the rear i can use the front drive shaft with no addaption if this is so i will just go by the sye all togethere the other thing i like is with the poor mans sye the tc doesnt have to come out i can do it under the truck thats the big advantace im liking right now.

one more question. will the flange from the front of the tranfer case slide onto the rear of the tc then i can just use the front drive line and the new tail housing cut it and so forth and use that flange. do you think this will work?

Back