• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've done a search and found some old info....

kewlkatdady said:
about the Rodeo D44....

Who is using this and what do you think?

Would the 8.8 be better because of bolt pattern?

Yeah, I think so and the 8.8 has disc brakes from 96'+ and is more readily available and probably cheaper. :)

this may sound silly, but it bothers me the the input pinion on the 8.8 is offset. that rear end is 120% than the d35 and comes with disc brakes and often LSD, it sound like the bargain. also it is narrower, which also bothers me. is the d44 comparable in strength to the 8.8? which one is lighter?

I took a look at my friends rodeo 44 and it was a bit weaker looking than my xj44. fewer gussets. not sure how much difference this makes, but ...

the Rodeo 44 is 6 lug, so not really a worthwhile swap unless you're going to a 6 lug front axle as well. besides, for 6 lug rear axles I think Toyota axles easily take the cake; drop out 3rd, stronger than a 44, better clearance than a D35, tons of aftermarket, etc.

Back