• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wellsville, Ohio?

Fryphax

NAXJA Forum User
Http://www.forbiddenzoneatvpark.com

Anyone wheeled there? I am thinking about making a trip there over Turkey day now that my Jeep is driveable again. Im looking for some better pictures or details on the terrain. Does anyone have any?

Wellsville is really fun. You can make as hard as you want it to be. If your not into long steep climbs then you should find someone that knows there way around the area you can and will get lost in that place. Check out eriejeeppeople.com in the photos/galleries theres alot of pics from a bunch of the moderate trails in there. We do all of the hardcore trails ugly, scobby doo hill, upper twister depending on how washed out it is the last few times had to run a cable to keep from rolling. PM me and I can give you more info. were going next weekend if your interested. Lockers front and rear are a must at least 35's to ride on this trip. Like I said PM me for more details. Jason

XJHOX said:
Wellsville is really fun. You can make as hard as you want it to be. If your not into long steep climbs then you should find someone that knows there way around the area you can and will get lost in that place. Check out eriejeeppeople.com in the photos/galleries theres alot of pics from a bunch of the moderate trails in there. We do all of the hardcore trails ugly, scobby doo hill, upper twister depending on how washed out it is the last few times had to run a cable to keep from rolling. PM me and I can give you more info. were going next weekend if your interested. Lockers front and rear are a must at least 35's to ride on this trip. Like I said PM me for more details. Jason

I'll take a loot at the site in a bit here. I've heard some good things about wellsville, but is it worth an 11-12 hour drive? Living in the stick has its disadvantages

11-12 hours damn where do you live? I cant justify many trips that are worth that kind of travel time. Wellsville is cool and fun and its a big place you can spend days there and not hit the same thing twice. If you wanted to come there it would probably be more fun when there's a meet and greet or something going on. 4wd hardware m&g is awesome and there are people from all over that show up for that. Let me know if your still interested. Also check out northeastcrawlers.org or net they do alot of work over there and most of them live within a few miles so its like there back yard.

11-12 hours just to play around, not really, but 11-12 hours for maybe a PA/OH/WV type deal meet and greet and wheel, hell yeh, ive been there too many times to count and still run into new trails on occasion, the place is always changing and getting harder.
maybe a big NAXJA meet and wheel or sumthin?

Whats up little man? Were probably going down for a carnage run this weekend. My XJ is sh*t beat so probably going to finish it off down there. After that it will probably only get wheeled we will see how the body comes out after the next run. Lookinf for a 2 door if you know of anything down your way. How far are you from Greensburg? Might be going down this week to look at a bronco.

Holy cow Wellsville's bein discussed on NAXJA! Now you know it made it big. :laugh3:

The place is a really good time. Not sure if I would drive 11-12 hours to go there. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive for me so I'm there a few times a year. Like XJHOX and CvrnRth said, the trails can be as mild or wild as you want them to be and if you can go there when somebody has a big get together goin on, it would be worth it. The place is pretty big and you can get a good couple days of wheelin in without being on the same trails. Quadratec just had a wheelin, campin, meet-n-greet there and 4WD Hardware has one every year too. 4WD Hardware is a nicer time to go of the two. They have more prizes and giveaways at their event.

If NAXJA had a run there, I would be down for it.

Here's a link to some photo's from my home club. (The blue XJ is mine and the black TJ is the wifes in the pics). Click Here

Last edited:
i went out there on 10-23 and had a real good time. It is about a hour and a half drive for me. I have a few pics of the place not to many of my jeep at all since i was the one w/ the camra but thats ok.

here are my pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/xjjeepenfun

hope you all enjoy them.

Fenton Beech

I live about 15 minutes from Lake Superior in the UP of Michigan. On a lot of maps we are shown as a part of Wisconson. Its a long drive for any park, but it is pretty nice being able to drive half a block and be at the trailhead. I prefer to wheel in small groups composed of 5 or 6 well built and capable rigs.

Trailhead as in snowmobile trail? Damn I want to make it to the UP to ride so bad. We go to Canada but I have yet to hit the UP I hear its awesome. Whats the low down on your ride you never said locked f/r? tires, etc.? Were not that far from there 2 hours. We were just there its pretty washed out some trails not even passible.

Back