• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

three Kits, three prices, What kit??

three kits, three prices?

• Rubicon Express 1900$

Votes: 61 75.3%
  • Rustys 1600$

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Skyjacker 2200$

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JulioCesar

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks for all the the person that is helping me with the opinion when I put my kit I would put a picture here Thanks.
Well a look all the prices and this are:

1-Rubicon Express long arm kit 5.5" whith shipping= 1900 $

2-Skyjacker 6" Rock Ready kit with shipping= 2200$

3-Rustys 6.5" Long arm kit with shipping= 1600$

Wich one is the best, Don´t you think tha the skyjacker kit is a good reinforcement for the frame? remember that our baby don´t have shassis.

Last edited:
How about the Full Traction Long Arm kit for around $1500? Puts all those to shame.

shipping to Venesuala would be costly...

Long Arms have been covered a few times

please search

I'm partial to Claytons... but have no real expierence, i am just a fan of their waranty that others lack...

I would look at the Full Traction Kit or the Rusty's. I run Rusty's lift components and have no complaints. flex like mad.

Out of those 3 choices I would say RE, but I am liking the claytons kit. I am currently running Rockkrawlers LA setup and I don't really like it and am going to be removing it. I will more then likely be going with clayons.

Just my 2 cents. The Full Traction is the cheepest LA kit as far as initial price is concerned but costs a bundle to ship for most companies, plus there are no shocks included. So the price just about equals out to the RE kit. But I do like the way mine drives and rides. Only had it about 2 weeks now and still haven't had a chance to test it out :bawl:. I did get a good deal from SDHQ Off-Road in AZ though. They only charged $77 for shipping, FT wanted something like $190 shipping, plus sales tax (another $125).
Also, even though it says "No welding required" on the FT kit, there is a small amount - new longer sway bar link brackets are welded onto the front axle.

doesnt full traction use heims on there arms? :nono:

From what I hear RE uses a weird mounting method for their crossmember, that connects to the pinch seam. I use to want the Full-Traction, but I didnt like the four link design.

small pederson said:
doesnt full traction use heims on there arms? :nono:

Yes. Heims on the axle end, and Johnny Joints at the frame end of the LCA's. Johnny Joints on the frame end of the Uppers. They work great. Oh, and the heims are about 3.5" across, very huge.

Tomkin makes one too. I have been using there long arms,crossmember and mounting brackets for the uppers for about three years now with no problems.
As far as the RE kit I saw one up close the other day and liked it for the most part. IT did have a weird way to mount the X-member but it looked to me like a very high quality kit. Don't know about any of the others except $kyjacker. I would stay as far away from that as you can unless you like replacing 100 dollar hiems every year or so.

I priced the 6" FT kit from polyperformance... Shipped to my door was $1550....

This is a price list that I got from Mesa4x4.com....

XJ SUSPENSION LIFTS
-------------------------------
5.5 Inch XJ Extreme Duty Suspension Lift
RE-RE6200 $960.95
4.5 Inch XJ Super-Flex Suspension Lift (full springs)
RE-RE6130 $695.95
4.5 Inch XJ Super-Flex Suspension Lift (add-a-leaf)
RE-RE6111 $534.95
3.5 Inch XJ Super-Flex Suspension Lift (full springs)
RE-RE6030 $477.95
3.5 Inch XJ Super-Flex Suspension Lift (add-a-leaf)
RE-RE6010 $313.95
3.5 Inch XJ Super-Ride Suspension Lift
RE-RE6020 $239.95
2.0 Inch XJ Standard Suspension Lift (with DT3000 shocks)
RE-RE6160 $172.95

SUSPENSION LIFT SHOCK OPTIONS
* For four Doestch Tech DT3 Shocks add $125.00
* For four ProComp ES3000 Shocks add $125.00
* For four ProComp ES9000 Shocks add $150.00
* For four Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Shocks add $230.00
* For four Rancho RS9000 Shocks add $290.00
* For four ProComp MX6 Shocks add $290.00

SLIP YOKE ELIMINATORS
Heavy Duty Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit for NP231
RE-RE1811 $264.95
Standard Slip Yoke Eliminator, Pre 1996
RE-RE1801 $120.95
Standard Slip Yoke Eliminator, 1996 and on
RE-RE1807 $74.95

Got this one from groupbuys.com....

RE6200 is $985 plus shipping of about 135. $129.00 for DT 3000 shocks, $229 for RE Monotube Shocks, $299 for Rancho RS 9000 X's.

give this guy a holla... he can work some pretty good deals... www.endlessmtnfab.com

tell him Phil sent ya... .

Hope this helps....... Peeeeeeeeece

lax17 said:
From what I hear RE uses a weird mounting method for their crossmember, that connects to the pinch seam. I use to want the Full-Traction, but I didnt like the four link design.

Why do you not like their 4 link design? Can you be specific? I havent really seen a good tech discussion about the full traction kit compared to a radius arm setup.

AARON

4x4forlife said:
i went FT and love it. well atleast sitting in my garage. i havent had the chance to test out yet. Joints are massive, everything looks good. easy install too.
Dude, this thread is from last October...

Rustys stuff is good quality and well priced but i am really sick of the shitty service and I would rather pay the extra money for the RE kit to get some wha tbetter components and much much better service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back