• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would be interchangeable between a non ho 4.0 and a HO

EvilCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
what ho parts can i take off my 91 and put onto a 1990 non HO 4.0 motor? and do i have to make any wiring changes? both are automatics with ac.

reason, i'm asking, i've given up on that stupid nut. i got a hold of a torch, i used pipe wrenches, vice grips, and chipping away at it with a flathed and a hammer and it still won't release. this is now one of many things i need to do to get this beast running, and everytime i fix something, something else breaks. a friend is selling me his xj for bout 500 bux. it has new tires, new suspension ,new brakes, new rocker panels(one of mine just crumbled today,grrr). the only thing wrong with his is the 4wd don't work and when you put it in gear it takes alot, alot of accelerator to go anywhere. i'm leaning towards a clogged cat, but for 500 bux. since my rad and my heater control valve are new, in the spring i'll convert it to the open cooling vs. the one thats in there now.

When I started mine I notice most sensor, coils, alt, tps, TB, are different. I switch my wiring over to the 95 for many reasons it was the easiest to do instead of swapping everything from the non ho to the ho and plus the p.o. messed up a lot of my wires in my 88 xj. I am still working on it, but I am all alone on working on it. Best time have a friend to help. It is a pain in the a$$ doing it all alone.
DR

Back