• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Indiana wrenchfest

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting together a wrenchfest at my shop in Crown point, IN. It's a full on machine shop that can pretty much handle anything a Jeep could require. So far there is one person needing help with a budget boost and I'm prepping mine for the cage install (gutting the interior, etc.)
Since I live 5 minutes away a cook out afterwards at my house in the MWC tradition is also a possibility.
I'm thinking a week from this Saturday, November 7.
Who can make it?
Is there a better date for most?

what about a d44 axle swap and gear install w/ a locker?
i know thanksgiving is a busy time, but later in the month would give me more time to get everything together or even early in dec.

The 7th works for me. Pretty sure I can think of something to do to my junk...

I will do what I can to make it.
About all I got left is some Herc work on the rails and wheelwells, but I can lend a hand with whatever else.
HTH.

Would definitely be nice to meet everyone (or anyone) finally. So far that weekend is wide open, but I never know if I'll be working the weekend or not until about two days in advance. I work with prototype transmission parts and am at the mercy of the automotive manufacturer.

I'll do my best to make it and will hope to install skids and tow points. I'll let you know.

Thanks!

btw, What city?

will go. will probably have interior almost completely stripped by then. anyone know of a good rhino linings place around there. need that done. will also probably redo rear fender cuts. will be more than glad to help anyone else.

I'm possibly in....
If BG is in, then I'll bring my kid :D
I can teach her to booger weld, then I can post her welds on the tech forum and I can sit back and watch the sackriders trip over each other to comment...

wow, I think Nov 7th would be perfect! I am a University of Michigan football freak and that is a bye week. And I leave for some time in San Diego the 11th so later in the month wouldnt work....

...oh, I'm the guy with the Budget Boost. Is there anything I should expect to run into or need from Autozone other than what came in my kit to get prior to the meet?

GusDaDog said:
wow, I think Nov 7th would be perfect! I am a University of Michigan football freak and that is a bye week. And I leave for some time in San Diego the 11th so later in the month wouldnt work....

...oh, I'm the guy with the Budget Boost. Is there anything I should expect to run into or need from Autozone other than what came in my kit to get prior to the meet?
Bring your credit card. There's ALWAYS something.
There are two REAL auto parts stores and an autozone within 4 blocks.
One strong recomendation: Spend the next week liberally spraying every bolt you will need to turn with Kroil (avail at NAPA).

In MWC tradition, I'll bring homebrew :cheers:

I woulda had this info 2 weeks ago, I woulda left that 8.8 at your shop :D

btw... Did you grind, torch or plasma cut all the old crap off your 8.8?

Gil BullyKatz said:
I woulda had this info 2 weeks ago, I woulda left that 8.8 at your shop :D

btw... Did you grind, torch or plasma cut all the old crap off your 8.8?
Torch to remove and grind to clean up.

lesslimited said:
In MWC tradition, I'll bring homebrew :cheers:
Cool, any pumpkin ale left or was that all Beezil's

digger4u said:
Where are you at in Crown Point. My wife is from there and I am also real familiar with that area.
My shop is right on Main St, across from Bob Anderson Pontiac. I live on Indiana Ave (9 Mile Rd).

kid4lyf said:
I'm thinking a week from this Saturday, November 7.
Is there a better date for most?

Can't make it, thanks anyway, but Saturday is the 6th, BTW.

Lawn Cher' said:
Can't make it, thanks anyway, but Saturday is the 6th, BTW.
Oops, you're right.
OK, wrenchfest, Saturday, November 6.

kid4lyf said:
Cool, any pumpkin ale left or was that all Beezil's

Sorry, the pumpkin ale was Beezil's. I'll bring my Irish Ale.

Back