• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.E. 3.5" lift kit

TDeaton13

NAXJA Forum User
OK, my question is can I run 33's with a R.E. 3.5 full leaf pack lift...if I put 1.5" shackles and 1.5" coil spacers on?? Or would this not work? Also would there be any negitive effects associated with this setup?

I'll take all the advice I can get! Thanks!

you can run 32s with the lift kit without trimming on stock wheels' backspacing with a small amount of rubbing. I've done that. With smaller back spacing and larger tires you will need to trim. What you described should work with 33s IF you also trim. Vertical clearance isn't really the issue here.
I've done two of these lifts and both vehicles are running 31s now as they didn't want to trim.

ive got about 5 inches, with a good bit of cutting, and am clearing 33s with minimal rubbing offroad, i had to trim the back side of the front fenders to be able to turn the wheel without the tires being into the fenders on flat ground.

kolby

Yeah I knew 32" wouldn't have much trouble fitting. But there are not alot of choices for 32" tires out there and I need the tires to last me a while. So that's why I thought 33's, but would going to a 16" rim open up my options with 32's?

What kind of tires do you want to run? I've found plenty of tires for 32x15. You want to run 16" rims? I loved my BFG MTs and ATs and they got pretty good mileage. In fact my MTs I've had for 4 years and beat the snot outta them and still look really good.

I know that 265/75/R16 comes out to a 32x10.5" tire, might have better luck fitting that size with a 16" XJ rim from a later model 00-01.

You want capable 32" tires that last? 32x11.50x15 BFG AT/ko...I've had close to 50,000 miles on two and a half sets (I sold them early), and they had decent tread left at that point.

I have the 3.5 superflex with full leaves by itself and running 33x12.50 x-terrains with trimming. 15x8" rim with 4.5" bs and no major rubbing. Just a little bit on the top of the upper coil mount. I cut the front fender following the line where it starts to bend out and beat that inner lip flat. On the rear, cut to the spot welds and then beat it back under with a BFH. All I added was a hockey puck to the RE bumpstop pads. Still have tons of flex.

I'm running the RE 3.5 with a 1.25" shackle, 1 3/4" spacer(winch) and trimming - 33x12.50 on 3.75" bs.

You can run 33's with the RE 3.5" with leaf packs without the spacers/shackles. You will have to trim and bumpstop, but when running 33's, even with spacers and shackles, you will still need to bumpstop/trim if you want to flex at all. Might as well keep your center of gravity low. The RE 3.5" kit is going to give you around 5" of lift anyways.

Here are a couple XJ's with the RE 3.5" SF w/ packs with trimming and 33's. Both of these ended up at 5.5" lift in the rear with just the packs, and 5" in the front with a 3/4" spacer to level them out. They were built by a buddy and me. The red XJ has 15x8" rims with 3 5/16" BS, and the green XJ has 15x8" rims with 3.5" BS:

100_0701.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0328.jpg

100_0329.jpg

GottaBeJeep: You say that your 3.5" RE kit ended up 5"+; so you had to install SYE to?

jma said:
GottaBeJeep: You say that your 3.5" RE kit ended up 5"+; so you had to install SYE to?

They aren't my jeeps, but yes, we installed RE hack and tap SYE's and High Angle Driveline CV shafts in both of them.

TDeaton13 said:
How did you get the trimming to look so clean?? Man those nice!!!

Lots of practice with the angle grinder, plus lined the edges with 5/8" Black Band Molding to give a nice clean look.

Not to nay-say, but I have the 4.5 RE and 32 10.50's and they still rub at full flex with trimming. Before I trimmed the front I flexed it and trashed just about all the front lower 1/4 panel.

I don’t know if the 3.5 kit doesn’t flex as much or what, but I know that I’m going to go up at least another inch before I put on 33’s

Also you can get goodyear mtr's in a 32 1050 15" i have them on mine, it's kind of annoying how well they wear, i what to go to 33's.

Back