• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Adjustments

MSHarnett

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, at 6" of lift I have my RE adjustables set at 17" lower and 15.5 upper. The bumpstops are rubbing the coils on bumps and its really ****ing me off. BTW, I do not have drop brackets or anything, just a basic short arm.

So what should I do to correct this. I figure make the LCAs a bit longer, but I don't wanna kill my pinion angle either. Is there a formual or something that If I make my LCAs 17.5 or 18, it'll tell me how much to make the UCAs?

Other than starting to rub the front of the fenderwell,increase the wheelbase as much as possible!You may also be rubbing the coils on drop-out,the extreme arc with that much lift and without the DB's causes the axle to move severely back(and roll back) when flexed!

I would keep stock wheelbase with a 4 link "short" arm set up 101-102" set your lca ength by that, then set the length of the uppers to get 5-6* caster as your target and then trial and error to dial in your ride from there adjusting the uppers. Each arm "may be slightly different". Measure alot, write down what you do. My .02 cents.

P

Back