• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker Shocks??

I really liked the SJ Nitro 7000 when I used to have my 5 in setup... They made the ride more pleasurable

big cherokee said:
I Like My Skyjackers Alot I Have Had Them On Two Cherokees With Eight Inches Of Lift On Them They Ride Just Like I Want Them To And There Not That Expensive.
I Like My ES300's From Explorer Pro Comp

God This Capitol Leter To Begin Every Word Is Annoying To Read!

So what would be better for an XJ the Skyjacker Nitro or the Hydro? There is not much price difference, so what makes the Nitro more expensive?

Thanks for all the help!!

nitro shocks have a different gas in them, that prevents shock fade. Hydro shocks can boil as they heat up and as the liquid inside gets hotter, it becomes less viscous, and "shock fade" occurs. i am no expert and this is my understanding. i dont know what the gas/liquid is in either shock, but ill bet that if you give skyjacker a ring, they can talk you into the more expensive ones better than i can...:phone:

sorry about the caps i was at work and the comps are set up like that there
i have the hydro 7ks on my jeep and unless your desert running they shouldnt heat up enough to boil trail riding or rock crawling which is what i love to do and what the cherokee is made for.

I run the 6"-8" tj Skyjacker Hydros in the front and I like them a lot better than the RS5000's I run in the back. When I get my spring liners and coat my leafs with graphite paint I will hopefully have to much travel for my current shocks and I think I'll go with the Skyjackers again. They are cheap and ride decent.

Back