• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disc brake question getting ready to order?

villestrip

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to order the tera flex rear disc brakes for my 98 with an 8.25. Which e brake cables do I need and do I need any other parts. Also I have SS brake lines does this mean I need to do anything to the combination valve? And anybody running this kit how much of an improvement was it? Thanks

villestrip said:
I'm getting ready to order the tera flex rear disc brakes for my 98 with an 8.25. Which e brake cables do I need and do I need any other parts. Also I have SS brake lines does this mean I need to do anything to the combination valve? And anybody running this kit how much of an improvement was it? Thanks

Don't know about the Tflex kit but you can use stock jeep parts to discbrake that 8.25 rear from a ZJ. Probaly much cheaper and not a mixed bag of parts like the aftermarket kits with gm rotors, ford calipers, fiat pads, Yugo bolts, skoda backing plates and whatever else they use...

the Tera kit is basically an OEM kit. They use their own castings for the backing plate, but it's all identical to OEM ZJ and F8.8 parts - rotors, mini-drum, calipers, pads, etc.

villestrip said:

Cruzzin_XJ, just installed the Tera Flex rear disc brake kit on his 98, PM him I’m sure he can help you out.

villestrip said:
yeah i priced out using new parts off a grand cherokee and it looks like it going to be more than the tera kit

How much does the tera kit run ??

so how does the tera kit compare to the TSM kit i wonder?
bob-n: re: the SS brakes kit, i assume you've got a D35 then? according to their website they don't make a kit for the D44...

thanks.

MMIXJ said:
bob-n: re: the SS brakes kit, i assume you've got a D35 then? according to their website they don't make a kit for the D44...

thanks.

Yup, got a wonderful 35. The kit was NICE. They do have a kit for the D44 in CJs. May want to give 'em a call and check compatability. Only issue I had was I changed to newer style e-brake cables and had to lengthen the lever rod up top and make new top cable mounts (15 minutes work) Probably was more due to lift than anything.

MMIXJ said:
so how does the tera kit compare to the TSM kit i wonder?

thanks.

Terry
Give me a call and i'll go through both kits for you
My vote would be the Tera,

xman said:
Cruzzin_XJ, just installed the Tera Flex rear disc brake kit on his 98, PM him I’m sure he can help you out.
Villistrip - sent you a PM
Cruzzin_XJ

Back