• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor is bogging out

ruggedjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Played in some mud yesterday, everything was ok on the drive home, but this morning on the way to work, crusin at about 40 engine keeps bogging out as if it were outta gas.. . While driving at a about 40-45 i tried to accerlerate hard and got on the pedal and nothin, usually it would downshift and speed up, instead it kept cutting out and slowly accelerated. Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on.

Probably water in the distributor or in some of the high voltage wires, pretty common. Water has a way of getting in many connectors, after most all of my romps, I pull every connector and check for moisture, blow it out with air. Some of the connectors are for sensors, which have a very low voltage, so don´t use any kind of spray that leaves a film.
Also not a bad idea, to check the alternator out. If mud gets between the brushes and the slip rings inside, it´s gonna cause wear or charging problems. I wash mine out, but others have said this is a bad idea, works for me. I just use very hot water and a sprayer.
I grew up in your neck of the woods, West Valley. Is the Sun Dance Saloon still in Calabasis. :party:

Last edited:
Back