• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is going when where?

G

Looks I can really make it this year. Only problem I face is my shuttle from Denver to Moab (I will rent a Jeep in Moab) and back to Denver. Last time it worked perfect, I got lifts from Mike in NJ and Halfton (now upgraded to Oneton)

So, is anybody leaving early, say, on the 12th and passing through Denver? I have to leave so early because on the 14th I have to be in Spain for the presentation of the new Volkswagen SUV. Did I mention V10 Diesel power? :wink:

Hagen

Looking forward to seeing you again Hagen. Will you be bringing anything "special" to drink this year? :D

Tom

Hagen ole buddy:

On the way out to Moab, I'll be passing through Denver and leaving for Slickrock CG on Friday morning, October 4. Coming back though I'll probably be staying until late afternoon/evening on the 12th - getting back to Denver sometime after midnight. If I can help out at either end, just let me know.

Really anxious, now that I had to bail out of next week's unofficial CO run!

Mike in NJ

I'm not sure when I'll be rolling through on the way out, but I'm leaving Moab Sun. morning. The rolling palace is making this trip also, should be a good time.

Sean

You sure that behemoth can make the Eisenhower tunnel climb? (or better yet, slow down on the other side?)

Make sure you have plenty of tires this time! :)

Is your excellent "pit crew" also going to make the trip?

Mike in NJ

Hi Hagen,
Will be good to see you again. Let us know how the Toureg looks. I've only seen pics and from the pics alone, I'm not too impressed although it does look better than the Porsche SUV, in my opinion. The drivetrain looks great especially that optional 313 hp, 550 lbft of torque V10 TDI :shock: . Of course we rarely get the good engines over here so I'm not counting on North America getting it.
For anyone who wants a looksee: http://www.vwvortex.com/

Later,

Joe F.

Well, after my brother went out and blew the other 3 tires 2 weeks later, I actually bought new ones for it and I carry 2 spares now. The palace can and has on several occasions made the Eisenhower trip. Massive turbo diesel power for the way up and air brakes and a jake brake for the way down makes life very nice. I made it up and down in the cheby with no trailer brakes and a poor running motor before, I don't see what the big deal is :lol:

Sean

OneTonMobile

Glad to hear that the palace is sporting new rubber.

BTW - considering the fact that you have never gotten to FallFest on time, I just naturally assumed it was a mountain pass issue! You mean there were other reasons??? :roll:

Hagen - if your schedule coincides with OneTon's - I thoroughly recommend you take him up on it - the palace is a site to behold and is the elegant choice between MileHigh and the Desert!!!

64 days . . .

Mike in NJ

Tom R. said:
Looking forward to seeing you again Hagen. Will you be bringing anything "special" to drink this year? :D

Rest assured, I will. But I won´t tell you.

Hagen ole buddy:

On the way out to Moab, I'll be passing through Denver and leaving for Slickrock CG on Friday morning, October 4. Coming back though I'll probably be staying until late afternoon/evening on the 12th - getting back to Denver sometime after midnight. If I can help out at either end, just let me know.

Really anxious, now that I had to bail out of next week's unofficial CO run!

Mike in NJ[/quote]

Mike, I don´t know what to do yet.

I need to find a flight out of Denver at the 12th, noon/afternoontime or so, arriving back home on the 13th, so I will have time to repack to leave early on the 14th to Spain.

Hgn.

@ Mr Giannone:

I will take you up on your offer for the drive to Moab.
I will be waiting in front of my inlaws´ door at 8:00 sharp on Friday. You still have the adress?
Just don´t bring guys in shiny red station wagons and folding trailers with you this time. Especially when they insist that firewood needs to be carried on the roof. :wink:

@ Sean:

I will miss that "Palace" of yours, it seems. I really need to be back in Denver at noontime on the 12th.

@ Joe F:

...it is going to be a otherwise unobtainable potion....

@ everybody from EAST OF MOAB:
[size=18:7968326542][/size:7968326542]
I need a lift from Moab to Denver airport on the morning of Sat. 12th to catch a flight back to Europe. Can anybody help?

TIA,

Hagen

B & K's place at 11228 - sure!

No Cheesehead-mobile's on the radar for this trip. Now that he's so very capable, he doesn't hang out with us scratched up low-riders anymore (Although my RED is a bit more capable than the last time you were here - 31's, 4.11's, and an Auburn).

Bring your driving gloves - I think I'll play passenger across the divide this time - never had the chance to take in the scenery in all these years. You can handle a 5 speed, right? :lol:

Hey, maybe you can arrange for an air charter from Canyonlands Airport to Frankfurt on Saturday.

Couple of months . . .

MG

Ride back

Wie geht es dir?

I can get you back to the airport, no worries. To get a reasonable flight, you might consider connecting through Chicago (ORD) as United/Lufthansa run many more flights through there. DEN to ORD typically departs midmorning and arrives just past noon, Chicago time.

BA also runs a direct London-Gatwick to Denver flight, IIRC the roundtrip into TXL was $800 back in tourist season. This departs around 5pm local and connects into TXL the mid-morning of the following calender day. Switching from LHR to LGW is not bad either, just a bus ride.

Bis Oktober,

Josef

Tentative plans are to leave on Sat. morning. I'm dropping off a set of axles I've been building to a friend of mine in Boulder and then he is coming out with his J3000 to run with us. I should be in Moab either Mon. or Tues.

Sean

Back