• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express or Clayton

Rubicon Express long arm or Clayton long arm?

• Clayton

Votes: 63 61.2%
  • Rubicon Express

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JulioCesar

NAXJA Forum User
These are the 2 better kits that everybody recomend (everybody or must people say NO SKYJACKER). Now I want to know what is the best? Rubicon express long arm or Clayton long arm?

Look at the red bar below where is says " Welcom, JulioCesar."

The bar has "user CP", "FAQ", "Users List" and so on. The 7th on from the left is the SEARCH function. Type in what you are searching for and you will find a copious amoutn of information on whatever subject about your Jeep comes to mind.

Fergie

Fergie said:
Look at the red bar below where is says " Welcom, JulioCesar."

The bar has "user CP", "FAQ", "Users List" and so on. The 7th on from the left is the SEARCH function. Type in what you are searching for and you will find a copious amoutn of information on whatever subject about your Jeep comes to mind.

Fergie

i second that! thats probably the easiest question to answer with a little research. IMO i'd go with clayton for the actual LA's and xmember and fill in the rest with RE components

brandon

welcome to :NAXJA: and learning to search

XJ_ranger said:
skysagger has been a problem for a few of my friends

Full traction is a company you may want to look into.
please see this post and how much everyone hates LA questions
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37313&highlight=long+arms

i dont like full-traction because they use Heim Joints.. IMHO they are a good idea for steering components, not suspension..

flame away...

and heres a quick tutorial for everyone else..
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

sidriptide said:
and heres a quick tutorial for everyone else..
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

haha, that is great!

shimmy said:
i second that! thats probably the easiest question to answer with a little research. IMO i'd go with clayton for the actual LA's and xmember and fill in the rest with RE components

If you tell somebody to search....don't answer the question! This gives no reason to search if everyone says "search!........but here is your answer anyway"

_nicko_

gearwhine said:
If you tell somebody to search....don't answer the question! This gives no reason to search if everyone says "search!........but here is your answer anyway"
That's true. However, searching this site is not the easiest thing to do. I have searched dozens of times for lots of different things. The trouble for me is rarely that I haven't searched, the problem I run into is that you can search for "long arms" or "brakes" or what have you, but it won't turn up jack since there are SO many spelling errors in the posts. I have better luck searching for brake information if I spell it "breaks" or put in "lnog arms" or "sprigs" or "shok travil" etc. The search function is only as good as the spelling of the posters!
B.

If you search for long arms, you WILL get every thread that has the word long OR arm in it. If someone spelled long, "lnog", I can guarantee the next poster typed "long". So you WILL get that thread...no excuse! :)

But yeah, even if the search function is hard to use, it's just getting made harder to use by a new thread starting up on the same topic every f'in day....

examples:

long arms
drop brackets
rock rails
frame stiffening
bumpers
tire carriers
roll cages
exhausts
lockers
dana 30 vs. 44 vs. 60

It's all on here. And isn't hard to find, people just like to rack up a post count. I search for every question that I need answered on multiple forums,(pirate4x4, JU, naxja, and numerous local club webpages) and for quite a while, using multiple terms.

Yes, I know, someone's going to search for my name, and tell me all the threads I posted over the years, of things I could've searched for. I just searched my name, and I think there are 3-4 threads I've started that were asking something in the past 2 years or so. So no need to do that. :)

It may be a bit more work for me, but it's going to save time for me and others in the long run using the search function NOW.

_nicko_

jwtrapper said:
Old thread but I had to add to this.

I did do a search for Long Arms and I came up with this thread and it did me no good. Prime example. I guess I will go post a new thread and have everyone flame me and tell me to search.
so you brought this back from the dead to tell us that you suck at searching?

BrettM said:
so you brought this back from the dead to tell us that you suck at searching?
:laugh2:

im looking at the TNT Customs long arm kit.. looks pretty awesome..

rangerjoe2001 said:
im looking at the TNT Customs long arm kit.. looks pretty awesome..

I run their 3rd gen. kit (which is what is shipping now) and love it. Great kit and super guys to work with. They build some very stout sh@t. Ask anyone who was at Coloradofest, I beat the crap out of the kit with out a hitch.

jrsxj98 said:
I run their 3rd gen. kit (which is what is shipping now) and love it. Great kit and super guys to work with. They build some very stout sh@t. Ask anyone who was at Coloradofest, I beat the crap out of the kit with out a hitch.

I'll second what Justin said... TnT's kit is pure beef... I beat the crap out of mine at COFEST as well - though probably not as much as Justin, and have no complaints... Feel free to ask any questions you may have about it...

Will.

sidriptide said:
i dont like full-traction because they use Heim Joints.. IMHO they are a good idea for steering components, not suspension..

Whats with the dislike of heim joints on suspension? They have unrestricted movement at all of the misalignment angle of the joint. They are stronger then any other joints of comparable size. As far as road goes thats another story, thats proably what you are refering to. I love hiem joints, heim joints like me. :)

Pete

TTT everyone vote and help out JulioCesar with his suspention...

:gag:

i just installed my clayton long arm 8 inch kit, man is it beefy. Has awesome flex, still need to get a few more things worked out, mostly small, but it really is a beefy kit, i would for sure reccomend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back