• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think about SKYJACKER

What kit?

• Skyjacker

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Rustys

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Rubicon Express

Votes: 40 75.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JulioCesar

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I want to buy a 6" XJ Kit I heard this kits Skyjacker, Clayton, Rustys, Rubicon Express. I saw all in the web and I like the SKYJACKER kit, it looks very good, I think that the sub-frame is great, it looks like a very good protection for the frame but I heard is too noisy and have vibs, it´s this true? is too big the noisy an vibs? I heard that Rustys suck, Clayton it´s great but I saw that he doesn´t send over seas, and Rubicon is just 5.5" the more big kit. What do you recomend me? could somebody that have Skyjacker tell me how he feel? thanks

For the $ and the performance, RE makes the best kit IMHO, skyjacker is too much $$ and not enough performance, from what Ive seen.

Skyjacker is good if you only care about shiny red paint. RE's kit will most likely net more than 5.5" and a half inch makes no difference as far as your tire options.

The Skyjacker is a nice complete lift kit, very well put together, but rather pricey. Here's a pic of the 6" RR on my buddy's XJ.

jeep.jpg

I have three friends that have bought Pricejacker RR kits and now none of them do. The Heims they use are trash. You will be lucky to get a year out of them if you use your XJ at all. I don't know about Claytons kit but I have had and seen others have very good luck with REs stuff.

I have the 8" RR lift and the only thing I don't like about it is the hiems they do suck big time. There VERY VERY noisy. I am going to replace them with Johnny joints at $40 bucks for each end of the hiems for a total of $160. As far as the rest of the lift, it rides nice on the highway with no vibrations! I also don't like the fact that skyjacker doesn't make there lift to fit a D60 or such front axle. So I can't upgrade my front...tubes. It is also very expensive..$2500.

Doug..

Yea, and the 8" RR kit only fits 91 and below XJ's with Vacumm disconnect axles (something they dont tell you) and I dought they do now even after I called them and told them and they said "XJ's have vacumm disconnect axles?" So goes to show you what kind of thought they put into their product. Their heims rattle like crazy even after they went with the "?" liner, the liner comes right out and then you have even more play. And dont even get me started on the Piece-O-Crap cradle for the front axle!!!!!!!! Dont waste your money......go with RE and be done with it... Jeff CamoXJeep

Beej said:
:scared: $2500 bucks? US dollars? That's over three grand Canadian! Hell I can buy two extra XJ's for that kind of bling...
After I read that thing about it being 2500 bucks, I called my local 4x4 part supply guy to see how much they would charge, they quoted me, get this: $3957.20. After I laughed out loud, he said, "yeah, you can get a lot of other aftermarket parts for the cost of this baby." Well put. Count me out.

That price is outrageous. I have about $300 into my suspension and I'm sittin at 7". I could build up another xj for that. My vote would be to piece a lift together with componants you like and come out with something that meets you standards and can handle your terrain.

instead of wasting time with the skyjacker subframe, get RE's drop brackets, they actually work. the skyjacker ones mess with the lengths of the arms and make for some funny flex where the pinion gear goes all over the place.

there are some pictures of Led's cherokee when he was running the drop brackets and about 10" if i remember right at

http://www.dandcextreme.com/club/photo.html

go to either of the independence trail links and the yellow cherokee is his. The link from 9/1/03 has better picks of the front flex for reference.

Full Traction is another one to look at, seems like a well designed kit. Capt. Nemo is running their kit and as far as i know, hes pretty happy with it.

i have seen a lot of kits an put many on, and one thing is that the flex is unmached by anything that I have seen. I have heard of other things out performing them but I havent seen them yet.

Everybody I've personally spoken to that has run this kit loves it. I run a smaller Skyjacker lift and am extremely impressed with the springs and overall impressed with the whole setup (I don't have heims on mine).

Well I only have experience with the 3" skyjacker kit and it is still on my brothers jeep with 2" coil spacers and my brother is sitting on 33s with room to spare. I think skyjacker has awesome coils but I don't know about anything else. Suprisingly the rear add a leafs held up their whole 3" for over 3 years. I think skyjacker isn't bad, but I do believe there is better for the money( Rubicon Express or full traction possibly)=-====Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back