• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limiting straps

smallxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i m running LA's with zj 4.5 inch coils and 1.75 coil spacers. And when i get in flexey spot my coils will fall off the top so i need to do limiting straps so i need to figure out an upper mount for them so if anyone has pics or a good idea let me know

smallxj said:
Ok i m running LA's with zj 4.5 inch coils and 1.75 coil spacers. And when i get in flexey spot my coils will fall off the top so i need to do limiting straps so i need to figure out an upper mount for them so if anyone has pics or a good idea let me know
Try some shorter shocks to limit your droop.

Dan

brake lines work too :)
does the coil actually fall out or does it just move a little

could try removing the spacers and getting longet coils

right now my limitng strap is my break line:conceited

On mine my coils would fall off the upper tower all the time to so I took out the bumpstop and welded on about 4inches of extra to the tower and they are fine now, I have 8inch skyjacker coils and my uptravel is limited in other areas though so I can get away without the rubber bumpstop. it might work for you, it might not, but its just a thought. later
-cal

longer springs is a good idea but limiting straps would also work. I dropped my springs three times in Moab and have ordered 6" springs to replace them. The limiting strapswould also help to prevent the front axle from unloading (scares the crap outa ya).

Get limiting straps and do it properly. I ripped an RE extended braided stainless line in 2 pieces at Tellico in July 'cause it was my limiting strap. I ended up going with a center strap and longer brakelines. I keep the center strap so that it has about an inch of droop total and it serves both purposes very well.

Ary

id say do one limit strap on either side. running from a bolt through the "frame rail" near the steering box (theres some holes there you can run a grade 8 bolt w/a nylock through) to the swaybar link mounts on the axle. check out www.jeepspeed.com in the photos section to see how they mount their limit straps.

btw, to do my center strap I used two straps. I welded a tab to the axle and then ran them to each frame rail. There are holes on the passenger side where the right hand drive XJ's trackbar mount is. I used one of those holes and one of the bolts from the stock trackbar mount and it has been working great. To adjust them I just twist the two together until I get the desired length.

Ary

Back