• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy 44 rear

HoodRichXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I found a D44 waggy rear the man specified centered housing drum to drum 58" WMS. for 250. Any thoughts on what i might run into if i pick this up to put in my 00 xj. spring mounts match up? same style yoke? spidertrax wheel spacers to take it to my factory width? thanx steve.

First off, folks work on Monday-Friday, so they wont always be able to answer as impatiently as would like them to.

Second: You will need to cut off the old mounts and weld on XJ mounts for the springs, shocks, etc. You will also need wheel spacer to widen it to 60" WMS-WMS and also to change the BP from 5x5 to 5x4.5 and depending on what u-joint you have for your DS, then you may or may not need to change the yoke.

Do a search and you will find lots of info on this. I asked the same question not too long ago.

Fergie

Actually, the bolt pattern will be 6 on 5.5 and the spring pad placement is correct although shims or moving the perches for caster adjustment will probably be needed. Driveshaft yoke is compatible with stock stuff. Brakes are probably bigger, but I think they'll mate up to your stock stuff ok. I am running one of these on my '98 with a custom front 44 also having 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern from the Grand Wagoneer. I am running aluminum Grand Wagoneer rims which have less backspacing than stock XJ rims, so the actuall track width isn't too much different from stock. I did add 3/4" wheel spacers for the hell of it though. I also added disk brakes. Jeff

Back