• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 or 8.25?

AZ DESERT RAT

NAXJA Forum User
Was just looking under my Jeep this morning and was trying to figure out what kind of axle I have in the rear...there was no tag or anything on it. I did find the Chrysler emblem on the housing though..can I ASSume that I have the 8.25..because if I remember correctly the Dana axles have a marking similar to this <dana> or <spicer> somethin like that? Any help is appreciated!! This might help- 93 Country, 4.0, AW4, np242...that should do...thanks again

If you look at the reinforcing webbing at the top corners of the pumpkin on a D35, you'll see, embossed on it, the Dana logo on one side, and "35C" on the other. If you take a wheel or hubcap off, and look at the end of the axle, the D35 will have a depression that looks kind of like an hourglass or a figure-8. The Chrysler depression has flat sides, and convex ends.

sounds about right-
the 44s and 35s have the dana stamp on the cover, most 44s should have the metal fill plug and tag inbetween the bolts on the left- the 44 cover is taller than it is wide- the 35 is more round , but the 8.25 is somewhat wider, looks a hair oblong....

Back