• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakota T-Case?

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace/rebuild the T-Case in my 1994 XJ (NP231 23spline), its a 5sp and the chain is gone....

I came accross one that is out of a '99 Dakota, the numbers match, its a NP231, with the same ratio of 2.72:1.....(I do not know the spline in that one)

Will this T-Case work in my application? are there any additonal info that I need from mine to this one, to see if they are compatable?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

G.Q. Jeeper said:
I need to replace/rebuild the T-Case in my 1994 XJ (NP231 23spline), its a 5sp and the chain is gone....

I came accross one that is out of a '99 Dakota, the numbers match, its a NP231, with the same ratio of 2.72:1.....(I do not know the spline in that one)

Will this T-Case work in my application? are there any additonal info that I need from mine to this one, to see if they are compatable?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

IIRC yes and it also might have a wide chain. Search on the forum as dakota tcases were discussed extensively at one point or another (try looking for chain or 231HD).

Also might be NP231D (Jeeps use the NP231J just for search terms)

Back