• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk Yard questions

the_bandit87

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I went out to a junk yard yesterday, and I found two Jeeps, one was a newer WJ Grand Cherokee and the other was an 85 XJ Pioneer. I found out that it was Selec-Trac and probably a 2.5 (the hood was stuck shut so I couldn't check). Any ways, my Question is about the WJ (that's what they call the new Grands isn't it), it has a 4.0, but it was basically burnt to a crisp from the fender back, and the engine compartment was kind of fried too, but, I've heard stories of people converting over parts like throttlebodies from newer 4.0s into Renix engines because they flow better. What I'm asking is what parts off this WJ that wouldn't be fire damaged could be swapped into my 87 Renix engine. I know the 4.0 changed alot between 87 and 99 but I could probably get parts off the WJ for pretty cheap. Annother thing that would be good to know, how many 2.5 XJs came with Selec trac between 84-86. I think that was before they had the NP242.

Back