• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 Commance Fuel Hanger J bolts

Rick_91MJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I need to drop my fuel tank to access the brake lines behind it, according to the dealer the fuel tank J bolts have been discontinued. Anyone have an idea where I can try to locate these? They are not typical bent pieces of rod but rather the ends have a disc shape to engage in a key hole slot in the frame.

Thanks,
Rick
91 Comanche

wow, that sounds like a royal PITA, i do think they're are some snaps for the breaklines behind the tank, if it were me, i would just pull the line out and slide a new one in, try and bend it the same as the old one

do you have the factory gas skid?
when we had to pull my freinds bed off, the gas tank was a bith to get, it was welded on several places

when we went to pull the staps off, the j hooks actually pulled out and broke the body, the nuts were severly rusted on there

the dealership would be the best place to get some or those hooks, if you managed to find some at the junkyard they would probably be rusted

you might get lucky and check napa, autozoo, advance, they might have some universal hooks, i've seen them on other trucks before

good luck

Back