• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing Question

My set-up: '96 XJ Country, RE 4.5 Lift with 32x11.5x15 BFG A/Ts on stock 15x7 inch wheels, stock flares, no trimming. I want to upgrade my wheels so I'm not constantly rubbing my LCAs while I'm turning. I'm not doing a huge amount of wheeling right now as I originally bought the rig for handling snow and unplowed roads in the Sierra. At some point, when I get more cash to pump into it I'm going to wheel it more, but as of right now it's a DD that I take on trails occasionally. So I was wondering in a 15x8 rim, what kind of backspacing would be optimum for less rubbing? Even if I couldn't completely rid it of rub, a larger turning radius would be great. Thanks for the info.

Colin

i think its the 15x8 a.r.e.'s with 3.75 bs and 33 x 12.5 tars on a 5.5 lift so you should be ok

96inprogress said:
Other threads I'm reading suggest 4.5-4.75? Any comments on this?
That can work but if you ever go bigger it won't be enough. What were recomending is go ahead and do enough so you don't have to do it twice.

96inprogress said:
Other threads I'm reading suggest 4.5-4.75? Any comments on this?
My stock wheels are 4.75
you want 4 or 3.75
watch for the 3.75 you will probebly start hitting the fender flares. and count on berrings in the front every 20 to 30k mi from what i have seen.

Back