• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Value of used XJ's?

turbojames

NAXJA Forum User
I bought an 88 XJwith 93k miles on it. I'm a college student, and it turns out I don't need it any longer. It runs awesome and everything works on it. It's a Base (SE) 4-door. It's a while exterior with tan interior. The exterior and interior are both super clean. The body is very straight. The only problems are a broken driver's side arm rest, wobbly passenger side mirror, and broken taillight. If I fix and clean the Jeep up, what could I expect to get for the Jeep? I know the KBB value, but I want to know realistically what I can expect the Jeep to sell for.

I am located in Central FL if that has anything to do with the value.

it value to the general public is pretty much what the KBB told you.. if you go to www.KBB.com and punch it in it takes your location into account.. what that rig is worth to a Jeeper is totally different and it depends what the buyer is looking for... but Jeepers in general want to buy-low-sell-high... if you want to sell it post it in the FOR SALE forum and see if anyone is interested..

One of the other issues is that most of those south of the border XJ's are two wheel drive which reduces the Jeep market a bit and puts it in the 'station wagon' category. You might find someone who has a bent, broken, twisted, lifted, locked XJ that needs a nice newer platform to move stuff over to. I know there was a beautiful 95XJ up here in a local used car lot that caught my interest and it sat there for close to 2 months. I watched the window paint go from $8K down to $2500, finally stopped and looked at it, got in and while looking the intererior over noticed a lever was missing, 2wd, no good for winters up here, open 2wd XJ's are terrible in snow. They sold it at an auction. Hopefully you will find someone in the southern areas that would want it but I would for sure fix the cosmetic problems and maybe even take it to a detailer and spend the $60 for an interior or $100 for the interior and exterior detailing unless you can do it your self... Very clean vehicles DO sell faster... good luck.

turbojames said:
It's got the 4.0 with a 231 and AW4.

Thats good, opens the resale up to a larger audience, I would still fix the cosmetics though, a wobbling mirror is a turn off unless it makes the prospective buyer feel good about knockin a couple of bucks off. See if you can find one in a boneyard. same with the other parts.

Back