• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introductions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
How have we grown. I keep seeing people post on NAXJA and it turns out more and more are out of SoCal and even quite a few from OC. In any case it might be nice to have a sticky (hint hint) with everyone just saying where they are at and so on (kind of a general introduction).

Remi aka Kejtar, I drive a red 97 4 door (formerly of SE trim now with all the goodies of a loaded Sport trim) with about 5" of lift on 33's. I live in Westminster and work up in Canoga Park.

Sure, why not.

My name is Scott.

I have two XJ's, one is a 99XJ Sport 4x4 that sees daliy driver duty and general beater use. It is also bone stock. My other XJ is a 89 Pioneer that is lifted about 6 in sitting on 33" TSLs. I live in Corona and am currently working in Santa Ana.

Great idea!

My name is Robert Prater. I drive a 2000 4-door sport, 3.5" RE lift on 31" AT's. I live in Costa Mesa and work in Orange.

I'll bite...

Hi, my name is Grant and I am...

Sorry, wrong meeting.

Name: Grant, AKA Ivan Aby (I-vanna-be).

Favorite color: Green

Things that put me in my happy place: Homebrew, spotted mutts and stupid mountain biking stunts.

If I were a fish I would be: A dolphin, they have the "finger of friendship" don't cha know.

Vehicle in current form: Black 99 XJ Sport, mostly stock except under the hood and out of the pipe, all felt in the seat of the pants.

Near future mods: RE 4.5, AA SYE, Tom Woods fully splined, Rubi wheels, MTR's and skids (thanks John!) all go on the first weekend of November. My baby will be all growed up.

Not new to wheeling but very new to XJ's. Bought this one for a mtn bike road trip, loved it and sold my other vehicle.

When not driving all over Southern CA for business (I am a vendor to auto dealers) or brewing beer, I can be found pedaling my mountain bike or being involved in mtn bike advocacy as a local club president (soon to be retired).

Andy Steiner, married four and a half years to Michaelle. Wheeling for four and a half years. (We took an 4x4 training class two weeks after we got married. I got hooked on the concept.)

Live in Winnetka. Work in... welll, used to work upstairs as an editor, but my business just took a dive. Currently looking for work.

1999 Limited. 3" lift with a mixture of parts. 30" ATs. Lots and lots of armor.

32' Holiday Rambler Motorhome that we use to flat tow the Jeep.

Current treasurer of the Southern California Chapter of NAXJA.

casm, real name withheld until y'all turn up at the LA M&G on Saturday (hint, hint!).

My second and third vehicles were a pair of Series IIA Land-Rover diesels (had to take the dead one to get the good one) when I was 18, but I technically learned to drive off-road in muddy fields at the age of 13... In a Fiat 127.

The '01 XJ is my first 4WD vehicle since 1998, when I sold my Subaru Brat shortly before moving here. It's also the best 4WD vehicle I've ever owned, beating out a 1987 Lada Niva and 1988 Nissan Patrol by a wide margin. Bone stock, but that's planned to change.

Living in Pasadena, I work as a network security engineer on one of the largest networks in the US. Largely fuelled by beer and industrial music, I have yet to attend a NAXJA event as my rig isn't up to the minimum requirements yet.

Notable accomplishments: going halfway down Rowher in the XJ before realising that this was going to get a whole lot worse, then turning around and making it back up to the easy trail. Of course, 'making it back up' was also the educational experience required to instil the use and value of lockers in my head.

Hello My name is Scott, and I am located in Huntington Beach. I have the 90 black wagoneer that is de-wooded.
I am an Ex-dealer tech that is currently building my xj up for the third time in 7 years, everything changes.
I grew up in the back of a willys m38a1, my dad used to work for the jeep factory in the early 70's, 4-wheelin is in my viens.
I Currently have a small business that provides Rally car prep, and event service. I also do custom work on jeeps from differentials to transfercases.
I look forward to wheeling with some of the people on this board.

Johnny Mathys here. Live in Lancaster. Father of two boys, married to a great Lady for 14+ yrs.
1st Jeep was/Is a KJ that has had the heck wheeled out of it, now semi-retired to the "easier" trails. Always loved the XJ's and finally picked one up a couple months ago. 1994 Sport w/ 5"-ish RE parts, soon to be running 33.6" (255/85-16) Rovers. C-Rok bumpers in process of being installed, & 2x6 tube rockers and cage to be installed soon. Never ending list of other stuff still to do........
Very happy to be supporting NAXJA and I am also treasurer of L.O.S.T. KJ WEST which has a few NAXJA members on It's roster.
Thanks for a great forum!

Liquid Ops = AKA = Steven

1st Jeep: 92 XJ Sport... 3" lift with 31's.... 2WD... Totaled :flamemad:

New Jeep: 91 XJ Laredo... 4.5" lift with 31's... 4WD... Preppin for Big Bear!!!

Live in Buena Park... Work in Irvine in IT

This place rocks!!!

Hello, my name is Tony,and i am a new JEEPAHOLIC

I live in Rancho Cucamonga, work in Alhambra

28 yrs old, engaged to be married next April

I originally bought the 1992 Jeep Cheorkee to keep the miles off of my "baby" a 2004 Audi Avant (pics here: http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=49680026206&page=1&sort_order=0 )
I have a 75 mile round trip drive to work on the 10, so didnt not want to drive my baby every day. I swore i would only do a 3" lift and 31" BFG all terrains on my XJ.
Here is a list of current mods:

4.5" lift (3" Superlift, 1 3/4" BB, Procomp Lower Control Arms) Rancho RS9000x shox with in cab control kit. 4.56 gears front and rear (rear locker is next), 31" BFG Mud terrains, 15x7 American Eagle, Pre Run Light bar, ProComp Lights, H4 headlight conversion with Harness, Air horns, TB Spacer, Jet Chip, Broal header (coming soon), custome exhaust, CB and VHF radio, and a small sound system (2 10" woofers, PPI amps and Alpine head unit). So much for keeping it stock...........Anyways, here are some pics of the cherokee since day one: http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=86219916206&page=1&sort_order=0

hello, My name is Patrick. Live in good 'ole Santee (San diego, Socal). 88 XJ grey w/ swampers & interior/exo cage, dana 44 locker, 8.8 locker, 5.13's, Tom woods DS, AA sye, Warn 8000, blah, blah, blah

Mike Palmer, Aka ZJ Mike

Live in Irvine, work in Orange for a commercial loudspeaker/audio manufacturer

Drive a 1996 ZJ with 5.2l V8 6.5" lift and 35's with tons of other stuff.

met some of you guys at the OC MG, nice meeting you..

Hey Clean RC, you wouldnt happen to want to do a cylinder head swap on a Magnum V8 would you????

hey all,

my name is danny boy, I mean Daniel Faulkner.

I live in La Mirada (by Whittier, Buena Park) and am a student in Fullerton.

I drive a beat 89 XJ inherited from my folks with 4.5" rustys lift, new motor and trans, skids, bumpers, spool front, trash loc rear, etc.

For some reason, when I attend Naxja things, there's always a glitch, such as in Calico when I woke up too late and missed the second day ride (good reason for that), and at a OC meet and greet where only Scott(?) and I showed. Oh well, I look forward to meeting and wheeling with all of you.

danny f.

Hey All
Curt Chaffins (aka Xtreme XJ) down in the low desert in the Coachella Valley
Riverside Co. middle of nowhere....Indio...
I run a 1996 moderately modified with alot of stuff.
Married 9+ yrs. 2 little JEEPERS... (1 doe & 1 buck)
Been wheel'n most all of my 40 yrs. in one type of JEEP or another.
Meet several of you at the first Big Bear run (a year & a half ago ! WOW !) and other runs since.
See you all down the trail....
Curt

Don Chilcote AKA VE6NN (my ham radio call)
we winter in Yuma Arizona so will be making the SoCal Chapter my home chapter.

Have 96 4 door that is being modified starting November first. 4.5 RE lift, 4.56 gears, ARB front and rear. 32X11.50/15 BFG ATko's, rock rails, Ridgid front bumper, AA transfer case adapter etc.

Hoping to see some more XJ's on the trail. Will be going to Tera Del Sol this year and hope to see u there

Howdy, my name is Johnny C. I'm the Asian guy with the shaved head. I live in the very white community of Aliso Viejo and I work for FedEx in Irvine.

My 96 XJ has a bastardized 4" lift, running 31" tires. My latest (and greatest) mod was the installation of front and rear No-Slips, one week before Moab. My next project will be regearing and moving up to 33" tires.

31" BFG AT KOs on Eagle 589 rims are FOR SALE.

Last edited:
Tim Bentley, (aka Bent)among other things.:nono:

Redlands, Ca. 1 mile off Hwy 38 on the way to Big Bear(1hour). I get lost there often.:D

I am a widower since this Aug. when I lost my best friend. Two sons, Richard 26 (out of the nest) and Ethan (aka E-man) 14.
Richard owns and operates a mfg. buisness that I helped him start five years ago. I am very proud (and happy) to say that he has been able to buy me out.
Ethan has been a wheeler in training for 2 1/2 years now. I WILL NOT be helping him start a buisness when he is 21!:lecture:

I have been "wheeling" anything I could get my hands on since my grandfather taught me to drive when I was 10.
This is my first Jeep.

My white '01 xj 4 door sits on 31" bfg at's with ~ 5 1/2" lift, armor and other stuff.
I would say that it is a mild build, a c-a-s-h work in progress. As a daily driver I drive it 5 miles to work.
I bought it new, sight unseen 4th of july weekend in 2001.
It arrived the next week from a dealer in atascadero. It was one of the last to be had in the state.:guitar: This and being the last year of domestic production, the plate reads: L8GR8XJ
The mods have happened slowly, lots of reaserch ala NAXJA has helped me to avoid redundant spending.
A primary reason for me becoming a paid member was that I wanted to support the organization that had helped me to avoid many potentially expensive mistakes.:worship:
Now that there is a SoCal chapter and that it is growing stronger, there's always another "station wagon with a lift" to go wheel with.:compwork:

Tim

Last edited:
Back