• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

As pretty as it will ever be!

Gary E

NAXJA Member #687
Mostly done with the latest renditions, just need to install the wipers and some of Jessies/URF door guards. For those that aren't familiar with my junk, I put in the cage swapped a bunch of dented sheetmetal, made the rear 3/4 guards and painted it all in my driveway. Much thanks to a buddy that laid out the flames for me and to Andy for spending a long day bending all the tube, and the rest of the URF crew for lots of great ideas. :)

side.jpg

fronyflames.jpg

front34.jpg

rearjeep.jpg

inside from the back
rearview.jpg

C and D pillar with tie into rear bumper
reardpillar.jpg

headliner and A pillar

Apillarroof.jpg

More of the A pillar

apillarfloor.jpg

rear seat installed and tool box jammed into place.

rearhatchpaint.jpg

Taped off for black paint

tapedoff.jpg

And I had to add this one since she is so dang cute,

This is my daughter saying hurray since I am not in the garage so much :)

netsizeHurray.JPG

Last edited:
i love the roof rack inner cage tie in

that is a great idea. one thought though - does it leak?

what front axle is that? that seems to be really beefy

schweeeet

Nice work. I like seeing a very complete interior with a full cage. I see you went through your roof with the tubing, how did you seal it up? an more pics of that area? also did you build your toolbox, any more pics. And does it slid out, what kind of sliders did you use for the drawer?

Very nice, Gary......both the rig and the munchkin. :)

Good thing you put the picture of the little one to save this thread! CUUUUTIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No then, what is that crap all over the front of your XJ??????????????????????????????

hinkley

Looking NICE,I think I just WET my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that ArmorAll I see on those tires? :roflmao:

Here's one from Fordyce a few weeks ago...
picture.JPG

...lookin' good.

Looks sweet Gary, diggin on the rack/cage tie-in. What did you do for the rear flares.....reversed TJ's? I'd like to see it up close.....

Nice rig ;)
Just a little worried about the cage where it does the dog leg around the dash. Others here with a lot of experience in this field would know best, but to me it needs a plate welded to the back of those bends to get some strenght back in that area. You need to run a straight line between the bends and the plate could be welded even on the side of the tube if you need that to clear the end of the dash.

Back