• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwackers

Blackash132

NAXJA Forum User
So I come home from work the other day and my Dad says "do you wanna see my new toy?" Sure so I look at his 97' xj and see that he got bushwacker cut outs and he had them installed at a place that I think don't do good work. well I was sort of mad because they used a sawzall to cut out the fenders... now they are way past the pinch seam and look like s*#t to me. is there anything I can do for them? here is an example of what they look like, it's the pass side door piece.
http://community.webshots.com/s/image22/3/20/27/203332027ZZAiKe_ph.jpg

thanks guys

Holy crap that is terrible. Tell your dad to take it back and tell them to weld those seems back together to get the job done right. I just got done doing that job this week, and it took forever. If you took off the paneling from the inside, you could stick your hand through that hole, no kidding.

By cutting that seam away, they significantly weakened the strength of the unibody. Cutting for those flares is not simple job to do right. At this point, it needs to go to a good body shop to be fixed.

Wow, who ever did that should not be in buisness. The unibody gets a lot of support from that area so its needs to be welded back up. Also tons of crap will get inside the panel back there and the jeep will smell like mold after a while.

hackedxj said:
Your dad got "Bush Whacked"!!....They must have used the instructions for rolling papers!

guys with rolling papers do better than that after their finished :greensmok

I'd really go after that hack. To fix that properly it looks like it needs a dogleg or a whole quarter done to it IMHO...and it still wont be as nice as it was before they started.

xjj33p3r said:
If it's welded and painted, it'll be FINE.

Maybe so but if they are a licensed shop you cant let them walk away with just hacking back together again. I'd tell them make it the way it was before you started F'ing with it. Period.

Or start the war.

xjj33p3r said:
meh, who knows. A weld is a weld

What would you do if it was your rig? " gee bud thanks for F'ing it up. Can you weld it back together now ??" I think not. Sheite would hit the fan.

Someone did that to me...I'd be a little more peaved than,"just weld it up dude... I gotta get home... its 4:20..Gotta warm up the Bong..."

Jeeezus.. maybe if "the owl" does your welding your satisfied. Most of the rest of us wouldn't be.

If you will read, you'll understand no one is talking about your welding , I'm talking about the shop that cut this guy Jeep! I think they're the ones responsible and should take care of it.

red91inWA said:
What would you do if it was your rig? " gee bud thanks for F'ing it up. Can you weld it back together now ??" I think not. Sheite would hit the fan.

Someone did that to me...I'd be a little more peaved than,"just weld it up dude... I gotta get home... its 4:20..Gotta warm up the Bong..."

Jeeezus..

lol, you missed it. A second ago he thought hackedxj was going at HIS welding...then I guess he realized his mistake. :laugh:

Back