• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG's M/T

jamnxj

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a Rustys 3" lift today and now i am getting ready to go get tires i want the 31x10.5 BFG's M/T
i was wondering if any of you have these. i was just wanting to know how long they will last? i have heard 40,000 miles??

thanks
jamnxj

I have had two sets of them. 33's on my old CJ and 31's on my current XJ. I've never worn them out before getting rid of them, but they seem about half gone at 15K-20K.

Rotate them often (every other oil change) and they will last more than 40k. I also have yet to wear out a set of BFG muds before upgrading to a bigger size.

I put a little over 70K on a set of BFG MT's, just rotate them and make sure the air pressure is right.

jamnxj,

I won't use anything than a BFG M/T. I have had alot of sets of tires and I won't use anyhting else. Follow what the others have said and you won't have any trouble. My first set of M/T's came from Rob Patterson, I got them after 65,000 miles and then put about 15,000 on them, 80,000 thats not bad.

Back