• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers for Chry 8.25

96country

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what locker options are out there for the Chry 8.25 rear in my Cherokee. I am not interested in a limited slip, and was wondering if there was anything else out there besides the Detroit.

Thanks

It depends on what year your 8.25 is. The 27-splines have a much larger selection of lockers.

Bill is right. If you have the later 29 spline, There are a few. I have the No-Slip, but I heard Powertrax may no longer be in business???? If you are not afraid to spend the money, ARB makes a locker for it also.
Crunch

27, and if you want to go with the ARB, you have to change to 29 spline. Axles are a direct swap, just different spline count on the inside end.

Just did this on my 96. HTH

It depends on the production date. My 96 has 29 spline. But it has a production date of 7/96, one of the last ones built for that year. I would have the dealer check in the computer to see when the change was made and check your production date of your truck.

Powertrax going out of business????

How did you hear that they are going out of business? Cause i know they were bought out by richmond gear. The reason i ask is cause i just sent my rear locker in for warranty

Hmm. I have one of the last '96's too. I have no idea whether I have 27 or 29 splines. I do know that I have a '97 driveline. My engine build code says 97 and the transfer case has the new style (long) yoke on it.

Hey Regal2800,
That was something I read in a post somewhere a long time ago. If you have sent your locker recently, its probably SPOBI and I should not have stated it, sorry.
Crunch

Back