• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wandering wiper blades

JEEPTHIS

NAXJA Forum User
My wiper blades seem to want to go across the trim on the bottom of my windshield on occasion. I've repositioned them only to have them then only go down to where they should and block vision. It's an occasional problem but I already tore up a new passenger side blade and was wondering if it might just be the "gears?" in the motor?

1. are you using 18" blades

2. how did you reposition them theres only one position that i know of for them to go in.

I've replaced the wiper transmisssion(linkage) with a new motor that I got from the dealership and mine still hits the trim on both sides. Guess it's a Jeep thing.

Mike

I had that issue the recent summer, and not too long after, it quit working totally. It was the linkage. Replaced that, and repositioned teh wipers, havent had a problem since.

tireroastin93XJ said:
I've replaced the wiper transmisssion(linkage) with a new motor that I got from the dealership and mine still hits the trim on both sides. Guess it's a Jeep thing.

Mike

its the bushings in the linkage, not the motor that causes the wipers to go to far

tireroastin93XJ said:
I understand that, when I got the linkage from the dealership it came with a new motor. Guess I forgot to mention that. My bad.
The thing that wasn't pointed out is that the bushings are available in the 'Help!' aisle at most parts stores...

Back