• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tj bumper light bar on xj?? opinions....

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
aux light bar

Ive been looking for some sort of cheap light bar/ grille guard. I found these Olympic Aux Bars for TJ's. Seems like it would bolt on to a xj bumper and allow a few lights. For 50 bucks, its the cheapest thing I could find.

Whats the chance someone could make something like this for xj's, but cheaper??? Maybe put a slight forward angle on it. Some tube, two bends and some mounting feet....

...if I only had a bender and a welder.... Of course if I had those, I would build something better than that!

*since posting this originally on JU I have looked at my bumper and found it to be too shallow. If I used this bar it would put the light mounts into the grill. I still would like to find another alternative.
Ideas? any one wanta make a few bar simular to this? Like I said above, a simple bar that could hold some lights and give the xj a slightly more agressive look.

Thanks

what bumper do you want the light bar for? The thing with the wranglers is that the light bar will work with OE and most aftermarket bumpers with out drilling. I mad eone for my jeep about a year ago that bolted to my rock bumper, but to work with the stock bumper it would have to be redesigned. Let me know what you would want, however its not going to be cheaper then 50.

Back