• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmision Fluid ??????

rtaboada

NAXJA Forum User
I changes a fluid transmision in my wagoneer 88 and has problems in the changes in ascent and in highway, alive to 4000 msnm this influences in something?

who is the correct fluid or the best

Thanks

I have a 88 Cherokee and for the automatic transmission you are to use Dextron Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). I still think it Dextron III or Dextron 3 but there may be Dextron 4 available now.

When you buy new fluid look at the bottle and make sure there is a certification number on the label, it is usually on the back. The certification number will begin with a "D". In order to get a certification number the manufacturer must past test required by General Motors (GM). If the bottle does not have the certification number then look at the other brands available.

GM developed Dextron and GM certifies each vendor to assure the fluid meets their standards and the transmission performs as it was designed.

I hope that helps.

Martin

Transmission problems-

Would be my guess you have a transmission that is going bad. Happens rather often when the previous fluid is left in too long and has done harm to the clutches. Once new ATF is introduced with it's renued 'slipryness' those worn clutch packs do not have the ability to hold well enough not to slip any longer. Just your regular Dexron is good enough for those trans's. Good luck.

También, es importante en el Jeep Cherokee/Wagoneer AW-4 transmisión que usted no debe usar el líquido sintético de la transmisión. Use convencional Dexron 3.

Si usted necesita tener las otras respuestas traducidas en el español, por favor nos dicen. Yo no hablo el español bien pero uso un programas de computadora para ayudar mis traducciones.

Bienvenida a NAXJA.

This can cause problems in highway, is a serious problem? today I am going to drive 500 miles in very bad ways and it worries to me that the car is stopped.

Thanks Rodrigo

Back