• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated Mirror??

crystalship1

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who have a later model XJ (97-01), can I assume that the small marking on the bottom right side of this mirror means it's a heated model?? :dunno:

mirror.jpg

How many did you find ?? I"m looking for two for my 98

Yup, heated.

I found a couple in a local junk yard with broken housings but the glass was intact. I removed the glass and wiring and installed them into my housings. Total cost $5. Most wrecking yards will let the broken housing mirrors go cheap.

Thanks to everyone who confirmed my suspicion!! :worship:

Only 1, Rich ... Sorry! :tears:

RichP said:
How many did you find ?? I"m looking for two for my 98

Not sure if they had them back then, know they did in 97+'s, expensive. I normally stick two 'custom' empty windshield washer fluid bottles on mine so I don't have to scrape the ice off in the morning...they look like two big white ears.... not pleasing as far as looks go but they work at the house...

They come on with the rear defogger as far as I know. Go off with them too, no little guy hiding behind the mirror looking for ice :D

Z22_Z33 said:
Can you convert a 96 and below to a heated mirror?
Yup, the newer style mirror housing (97+) can be mounted onto the pre97 doors. Then it's just a matter of splicing the wires into the rear defroster power. I believe the harness running to the rear of the vehicle is hidden below one of the door sill moldings.

Back