• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon TJ t-case into a 91 XJ?

You will need to hook up the digital speedo to your jeep somehow.

i dont think the t/case input spline count will match... the newer t/case will have a 23 spline shaft.. the XJ didnt change to that until 93(????) not positive exactly when but pretty sure its after 91....

sidriptide said:
i dont think the t/case input spline count will match... the newer t/case will have a 23 spline shaft.. the XJ didnt change to that until 93(????) not positive exactly when but pretty sure its after 91....
the change was made at the same time as the transition to the HO motors. His 91 should have an HO motor and 23 spline tranny/tcase.

I'm pretty sure it will bolt right up, even the shifter.

sidriptide said:

My 92 is 23 spline, and I THINK I have seen a 231 from a 91 that was also 23 spline. Maybe not, but to the best of my knowledge it was 91 ? that they changed the spline count.

Edit: I guess I was beat to the answer!

while the designation is NV241OR or NV241J, the parts really have nothing in common with a standard chevy or dodge 241, which are basically beefed up 231's.

the prototype I had was equipped w/ 32 spline front and rear outputs- an Atlas only has 26 spline front output unless you pony up another $400... they take a 23 spline input in the standard 6-bolt round pattern.

One of the mags (Jp?) did an install within the last year, so they covered a lot of the details for what you'll need. Cheap NP241OR? You suck...
happyfinger.gif

Chris S said:
Just remembered, it's got an auto on it. Will that matter?
It's got something like 20,000 miles on it.

bump :gee:

I'd like to know if it matters if its from a manual or auto Rubi also, going on an aw4.

Yeah I know all that and it will bolt up, just need to make sure it doesn't matter if its from a manual or auto Rubi.

Yeah they're all the same.

Back