• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speed Control......

Jeep839

NAXJA Forum User
so i drive alot of miles and i would like to use the speed control on my 90 xj but it won't work i have checked the fuse and it is fine, so does anyone have this happen to them or does anyone have a suggestion on how to approach this very complex system...

There are a lot of things that could go wrong, but one common problem is a vacuum leak. On the passenger side, tucked in behind the front bumper, you'll find a plastic "blimp" that acts as a vacuum reservoir. It helps with the heater controls, but it also maintains vacuum for the cruise. If the hoses to that deteriorate enough to leak, the cruise won't work.

is there anyway to check the cruise control to make sure all the other stuff is working......................and the "blimp" you are talking abhout is a black ball looking contraption right

On the TB, the plastic thing connected to what i think is the cruise control cable, is broken. Does duck taping work as a fix or maybe some actual enginuity on it or will i be stuck goin sixty mph even after i shut the CC off? Anyway, you could check that, even though you probly already did.

Back