• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member says Hi

Jeepcreep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,
As a newish 93 XJ owner (June 2004) and also being new to NAXJA, I just wanted to say how very useful I have found this forum. It has already given me the information and confidence to tackle re-welding a door hinge back on. I live in the UK so an XJ is not that common, which is one of the things I like about it. It has also got plenty of grunt and will leave for dead most modern cars. My XJ has been fitted with an Autogas conversion and will run on propane or petrol, usually propane as it is about half the price of petrol. All in all the XJ does everything a reasonable person could ask for and more when pushed.

Jeepcreep

welcome aboard!!

some more info and maybe some pictures would be helpful on that autogas conversion... how is the power/performance of the engine when comparing both fuels??

Hi,
Here as best as I can describe are a few details on my Autogas conversion, it was already fitted to the Jeep when I bought it. The system is a single point as opposed to the newer multipoint injection systems. It has an 85 litre tank in the cargo area, it will do about 200 miles on this. There is a vaporiser under the hood which converts the liquid propane to a gas. The gas is now fed straight into the air intake near the throttle body. It starts up on petrol and then switches over to gas when the rpm hits around 1,500. The system works very well with no difference that I can tell, between gas and petrol, except for the price! I found this American website, which has lots of info about LPG. http://www.wps.com/LPG/LPG-book-final.html

If I can help with any other information, let me know.
PS I live in Wales, not strictly England, but close enough.

Jeepcreep said:
PS I live in Wales, not strictly England, but close enough.
Just wondering because I have relatives in Greenwich that I have never meet, some I have. Plus a grandmother that lives here in the States that's originally from England, and still goes back every other summer. Anyway, that link awesome. Thanks for the info!!! :thumbup:

Back