• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Start 2.5

REDXJ4FUN

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i'm at wits end with this thing. i parked it in aug with a bad cluct and started it and moved it about 2 weeks ago. now it wount start at all. I am getting spark but kinda seems week. so far i've replaced the cps swaped coils and ecms around from my oother jeeps. cyl 3 and 4 seem to be getting fuel but 1 and 2 are not its a tbi 2.5 in an 89. it did run well and didn't smoke. i've also done a complete tuneup to figure it out plus it need it. what is going on?

Sounds like you have some stuck rings. Don't give up yet. Put a couple of tablespoons of ATF in each cylinder. Let is sit a day. That should loosen up the rings. Once it starts up put a can of BG44k in the gas.

old_man said:
Sounds like you have some stuck rings. Don't give up yet. Put a couple of tablespoons of ATF in each cylinder. Let is sit a day. That should loosen up the rings. Once it starts up put a can of BG44k in the gas.

and BG44K is available WHERE ??? You rave about it so I'd like to go get some here in the Not-so-great Northwest.

Most NAPA and better auto parts stores carry it. Autozone does not. It runs around $18 a can.

Ya i put some ATF in right after I tested in in hopes of breathing a little more life in to it. I'm also going to put a can of restore in it witch i've had realy good luck with before. Iif not i'mlooking at a complete 95 2.5 motor with everything to update the old girl witch i kinda like the idea of.

Last edited:
Back