• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37" tires

90KrawlerXJ

NAXJA Member #1067
Does anyone have experience running a 37X12.50 BFG Krawler on an XJ. I'm trying to acheive at least 9" of lift and a whole lot of fender triming to fit these tires.

i am at about 6.5" of lift gonna be running 36 swampers just to give you an idea.

90KrawlerXJ said:
Does anyone have experience running a 37X12.50 BFG Krawler on an XJ. I'm trying to acheive at least 9" of lift and a whole lot of fender triming to fit these tires.
Ask John-John (or anyone who wheeled with him in Moab) how well tall tires and lotsa lift works.
I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
I'm running 36" Swampers IROK with 6" BOR leafs in the rear and have plenty of room. Stay as low as possible. John-John had 8"+ and found out at Moab that it was too tall. Got really tippy.

Are you building a bogger or a crawler? It might help these guys if you let them know what kinda wheelin' you are planning on doing.

Les

lbexj said:
Are you building a bogger or a crawler? It might help these guys if you let them know what kinda wheelin' you are planning on doing.

Les

I would agree with this. Considering his sig shows hes down in Luisiana, off camber slick rock might not be on the radar.

He's planning on using BFG Krawlers, remember? That's a pretty expensive, poor choice, mud tire

i just fit 37x13.50x15 XTs on 6.5" lift w/ some minor fender trimming. now i will be going w/ more fender trimming to allow for more clearance. for 9" of lift i would say you would probably need to look at 39.5"+ tires.

90KrawlerXJ said:

I have 37" MT/R's on 7.5" of lift, with lots of flex and lots of trimming. They should fit fine on 9" of lift, but you don't need to go that high.

the Krawler is not a mud tire.

it is an expensive technical crawling tire.

I have em, and they've done me well.

9" is too damn much lift. TRUST US!

been there, done that, have the undie stains to prove it.

Back