• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here's a cool/cheap place for LED's

They are cool and all, just remember that most vehicles that are running regular Non L.E.D bulbs require a certian amount of resistance to regulate the speed at which the turn signals flash. By running such a low draw bulb you may trick your vehicle into thinking that it has a bulb out, and will cause the directional flashers to flash extremely fast. These bulbs are good for running in ARB bumpers and in running light applications where long hours and heat may cause an issue.

nice find

Their plug in lights already have the resistors built in.

Not necessarily true. The "resistors" that are in the automotive bulbs are for dropping the 12 volts down to the required voltage to power the LEDs (about 3 - 3.5 VDC), NOT to fool thermal flashers into flashing. A newer and slightly more expensive "electronic style" flasher may still be required to get a steady flash rate. This site also has special resistors that are designed to cause a load so that thermal flasher will flash, but I would recommend going to an electronic flasher rather that putting back a load that you spent money to take off in the first place. The electronic flashers are not that expensive and are readily available at any decent auto parts store. Heck, I've even seen then in my local Wal-Mart!!
icon7.gif
xjj33p3r said:
So that means that the rear bulbs can be changed without any modification? SSSSSSSSUPER!

Back