• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new bumper

nealsjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so this was my first try and the model i'm was using is the rock bumper from olympic 4x4...its in the new jeep essentials magazine with a stinger on it......

anyways...it started out at a big sheet of 3/16 black diamond plate steel and it ended up like this http://community.webshots.com/album/199890714CcfgSs

sorry about not posting the pics all nice and neat ....dont know the language.....anyways on to how i made it....

frame mounts go to those 3 factory bolts and then cup under for the bolt under and reach back to the rear one....so 5 hold it on....i cut notchs in the front plate and had the frame mounts come out about 4 inchs on each side and then welded them to the plate.... then i notched and beat those parts sticking out....thats where the d-ring mounts are ARC welded to.... the rest of the bumper is MIG welded........... behind what you i would size a 3/16 square tubing that runs "through" the frame mounts all the way across the bumper.... that is what everything is braced to....

to test it we hi'lift'ed the whole front end by the sides and the front... nothing budge....

if you are wondering why its so close ,,it is because i am making a stinger like Olympic's and nothing will be able to get to the bumper once that is on...

the pictures dont really do it justice...and they make it look too tall....

so what do you guys think?

Back