• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Panamint Valley Days NOV 12-14th

onetallmj

NAXJA Forum User
So who all is going besides me?

Got me new 4.88's and lockers to try out. Gonna rent a RV and do it in style this year instead of the tent.

I am going over on thursday the 11th from the coast(Atascadero).

I can't go this year because I work that weekend. This will be the first time in many years that I've missed it. I'd recommend posting this on the SoCal chapter forum, since it will be SoCal people who go.

Onetallmj:
Join us on the Isham Canyon Friday night run. A couple of years ago it was said that grocery getters couldn’t get it done. That theory was seriously debunked last year. Oh by the way, I have been the trail leader for the past couple of years and I hang out with the LWB group allot.
Garry Hall

I wouldn't mind doing Isham but I don't have a winch installed yet, and this is a trial run for my lockers and gears. I am also bringing the family to ride along. I was thinking about running Defense mine( my kids want to explore the mine) and one other moderate run( Jackpot or Jail or something semi-hard). Last year I ran Goler wash and lookout city runs, not too hard but interesting runs.

Let me know what else your gonna run.

Wade

onetallmj said:
I wouldn't mind doing Isham but I don't have a winch installed yet, and this is a trial run for my lockers and gears. I am also bringing the family to ride along. I was thinking about running Defense mine( my kids want to explore the mine) and one other moderate run( Jackpot or Jail or something semi-hard). Last year I ran Goler wash and lookout city runs, not too hard but interesting runs.

Let me know what else your gonna run.

Wade

If you're going to run Defense Mine on Sat, be sure to do the early run. My local club, the Bakersfield Trailblazers, are leading that run. Last year we led the late Defense Mine run on Sat and there were 72 rigs on that run........it was a near nightmare. This year I can't be there because I work that weekend. Try to get to the beginning of the line, to assure yourelf plenty of time to explore the mine. It is one of the coolest mines I've explored. There are three levels with ladders in small tunnels going up to each level, and you can come out up on the top level. Pretty cool.......

Back