• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Climate control question

95-4.0-5spd

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings all.
I'm looking at doing some customizing on my dash and need to remove the factory climate controls. I have the Haynes manual, but i can't find the mapping of the controls with full precision. Does anyone have the mapping telling me what exactly happens in the control module? I figure that if I will have to rebuild it I want to go ahead and put in full controls so I can have an air recirculation option. The haynes manual is fairly good, but as they even say: they can't put in every wiring diagram.

What do you consider "full controls" ? The HVAC uses cables and vacuum operation to work; that's why you won't find any Haynes wiring diagrams. I'd recommend pulling the dash bezel and looking at the control to see what I mean.

Sorry I guess I should have specified, I'm looking for a diagram of the vacuum system and the wiring components of the controls. I'm not sure how much it all changes between years, but on both of mine ('95 and '96) there is a cable connection for the temp an elevtrical component for the fan and a vacuum hookup for the function selector. I can easily run a servo to run the cable connection, but I'm not sure how to make up the fan speed and function controllers.

Back