• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is this thing???

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
i have been checking this forum out over the past year or so and learned alot about my jeep so i decieded to join up...i have a quick question...

i have an 89 cherokee limited 2 dr 4.0.....between my sun visors is a grey box with what looks should be a black screen...but when i take it off its just a wiring harness plugged into a circuit card that seems to have not function...i was going to mount my cb there but do i need this "thing"

i have looked in my haynes and my parts manual and cant find out what it is....i know this is probably a stupid question but i dont wheel much with other jeepers so i dont have another reference to go off of to see what it is....help please?!

jeepinairman said:
i have been checking this forum out over the past year or so and learned alot about my jeep so i decieded to join up...i have a quick question...

i have an 89 cherokee limited 2 dr 4.0.....between my sun visors is a grey box with what looks should be a black screen...but when i take it off its just a wiring harness plugged into a circuit card that seems to have not function...i was going to mount my cb there but do i need this "thing"

i have looked in my haynes and my parts manual and cant find out what it is....i know this is probably a stupid question but i dont wheel much with other jeepers so i dont have another reference to go off of to see what it is....help please?!

its for the keyless entry remote, that was probably lost 12 yrs ago...

ah...that makes sense then.....yeah when i bought the jeep of off the owner he was the original owner and didnt say anything about keyless entry.....thanks though....now i know it can disapear with no problems....

Yeah, lose it. The '89 vintage remote entry was infra-red line-of-site and rarely worked from more than a few feet away if it worked at all.

jeepinairman said:
ah...that makes sense then.....yeah when i bought the jeep of off the owner he was the original owner and didnt say anything about keyless entry.....thanks though....now i know it can disapear with no problems....

no sweat. ummm....if it unplugs good, but dont leave an open ground( bare wire).

The Rabbi has spoken.

i was thinking i could use the wires to wire up the cb.....ya know..the hot and the ground and just cap off the others ....or am i just on the wrong track here???

Eagle said:
Yeah, lose it. The '89 vintage remote entry was infra-red line-of-site and rarely worked from more than a few feet away if it worked at all.

Sounds like my '94. Is that what the eye-in-the-sky bubble is for on the ceiling console?

jeepinairman said:
i was thinking i could use the wires to wire up the cb.....ya know..the hot and the ground and just cap off the others ....or am i just on the wrong track here???

i dont think it'll carry the right amount of juice for that application but i could be wrong.

Back