• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will stock Wrangler 5-4.5 15"(black 5 spoke, cool ones) fit on my stock 92 XJ?

Heinz

NAXJA Forum User
Will stock Wrangler 5-4.5 15"(black 5 spoke, cool ones) fit on my stock 92 XJ? They sure look the same as stock ugly ones. Thanks, Heinz
linkrd

Re: Will stock Wrangler 5-4.5 15"(black 5 spoke, cool ones) fit on my stock 92 XJ?

your link or pic is no good. but yes the bolt pattern is the same, they will fit.

Re: Will stock Wrangler 5-4.5 15"(black 5 spoke, cool ones) fit on my stock 92 XJ?

If they are real jeep wangler factory wheels they will fit, we have like 2 extra sets here that we rotate around on all three jeeps. I'll be picking up new 30 AT/KO's and will just switch my 5 spoke steels w/lt235's with my sons TJ who has aluminums and worn P225's and we'll go from there. Either that or I'll grab a spare set of 5 spokers out of the shed and get those done. I'm not an aluminum wheel fan.

Stock wheels interchange between the Wrangler and the XJ, and many of the wheels were used on both vehicles from the factory.

Having said that -- I can't recall any Wrangler in any year that came with a black, 5-spoke wheel. Are you certain the wheels you have are factory wheels? They'll fit even if aftermarket, but the backspacing would probably be different and that could affect how eell (or if) your tires clear the flares.

My mistake, they are kind of a brushed silver color, damn shadows! :) 5 pokes(thick), Thanks, Heinz

Hey guys... New to the site... I tried to measure the bolt pattern on my '87 Wag but the tape was showing right between 4.5 and 4.75... I think I need a new tape measure... lol I'm sure the bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5 but I just want to make sure... Thanx

The stock wheels are the same for the XJ and TJ. I work at the wheel plant that still makes the TJ wheel. But not for long, we are building out the last of the TJ wheels. Wonder what Jeep will put on now, as far as steel.

Mike Harris

This may have nothing to do with this topic, but didn't they change the lug pattern on the cherokees in 98, 99 or around there. I know people have tried to swap an 8.25 into an older xj, and there wheels didn't fit. I am just curious if they changed the wrangler, if not why would jeep make the D35 with two diffrent bolt paterns the same year? Maybe I imagined all this?
P.S. I think the new xj patern is 5 on 4.75?

junkxj said:
This may have nothing to do with this topic, but didn't they change the lug pattern on the cherokees in 98, 99 or around there
Nope, XJs have been 5 on 4.5" since Day 1.
. I know people have tried to swap an 8.25 into an older xj, and there wheels didn't fit.
That's odd...wonder what they did wrong? If that was an 8.25" from another XJ they shouldn't have had any problem. If it came from something else though...

Back