• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paging RichP...foglight question.

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
Rich, I currently have the factory fog lights, but I am looking to upgrade. I know you use the Hella 450's in your XJ. Can you post a few pics of what they look like? Also, do you think you would have had to trim the bumper if you had installed these before the 550's?

Thanks man!

nosajwp said:
Rich, I currently have the factory fog lights, but I am looking to upgrade. I know you use the Hella 450's in your XJ. Can you post a few pics of what they look like? Also, do you think you would have had to trim the bumper if you had installed these before the 550's?

Thanks man!

Will take pics as soon as I can, just ran home for a handfull of patch cables and am headed back out, need to grill the snap on tech and see how he gets the shop key workstation software to run off the server database so I gotta beat feet back over there before he can sneak in and out like last time.
If I had put the 450's in first I would not have had to open the air damn holes up at all. Actually I could have done the mount a bit different with the 550's and selected a different hole but was too lazy to get a drill out, run an extension cord, etc. A drift pin opened the already present oval hole nicely.
Rereading, I did not have to trim ANY bumper trim at all just those two holes where the factory fogs go but yours are already opened, mine were not.

Cool. I look forward to your pics. I'm cleaning out my housings with CLR now, to see if I can get the rust out. If that doesn't work, I might try the 450's.

Do you have E-codes? I'm stuck between getting those and the Vision Plus housings.

Were you the one talking about using a burnishing tool to clean out the bulb connections? Where could I get one of those?

Thanks man!

nosajwp said:
Cool. I look forward to your pics. I'm cleaning out my housings with CLR now, to see if I can get the rust out. If that doesn't work, I might try the 450's.

Do you have E-codes? I'm stuck between getting those and the Vision Plus housings.

Were you the one talking about using a burnishing tool to clean out the bulb connections? Where could I get one of those?

Thanks man!

I have had the E codes for about 5 years now and am happy with them.
The burnishing tool is sold at really good electronics supply stores that sell components, chances are that radio shack won't have them but an electronics supply store that sells breadboarding equipment usually will.
Pic's to follow, need toupload them.

This guy has a deluxe burnishing tool for $19 and an economy model for under $4.: http://www.sandman.com/pdf/Page23.pdf

These little jewels are getting hard to find!

icon7.gif

nosajwp said:

Thanks man!

crystalship1 said:
This guy has a deluxe burnishing tool for $19 and an economy model for under $4.: http://www.sandman.com/pdf/Page23.pdf

These little jewels are getting hard to find!

icon7.gif

You gotta be kidding me, I pay $1 or $1.50, they are made by GC electronics and are about the size of a match book striker. For $19 I better be able to just throw it in the engine compartment and walk away for an hour while it works itself... I was going to say for $19 I better be in the mood for a smoke afterwards.....but I won't

Last edited:
Heyyy ............"that's great"!!!! :sunshine:

RichP said:
You gotta be kidding me, I pay $1 or $1.50, they are made by GC electronics and are about the size of a match book striker. For $19 I better be able to just throw it in the engine compartment and walk away for an hour while it works itself... I was going to say for $19 I better be in the mood for a smoke afterwards.....but I won't

Back