• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tellico

35xj

NAXJA Forum User
a few of us from Asheville will be going to Tellico may 23/4/5th. we will be staying a Crawfords. will probably pull into camp around lunch time friday. Wanna go?

Would love to but I will be there a wek in July and end of this month I am going to NACFEST in PA

Hey some of us will be there the saturday before
Memorial Day at least I will anyway and I think
Georgia Mike will be also. Maybe we can
get together.

Whats up Marc? we live so close together, it would only be fitting for us to meet in Tellico. Are you guy's staying at crawfords? I will be driving a white GMC 4x4 2500 truck with a white trailer and my red jeep. if you guys are at camp come by and say hello. we plan to do lower 2 saturday morning. later, dave

Hey dave, we actually are staying at the lake in hayesville
but I'll be in and out of crawfords fri. and sat.
I dont know where we are going to meet at sat. morning.
I'll be driving a 99 ford diesel with red trailer and
charcoal XJ. We'll probably see you there some where.

Mark! I'm gonna e-mail you my cell # so we can get in contact Saturday morning at Tellico. I'll be there around 9:00 AM or so. E-mail me back and let me know if you got it or not. I'll be on channel 12 on the CB that morning,too.

Update:
Crap! It didn't go through! Just check your PM's:D

Last edited:
We will be there from Friday till Monday. We are staying at Crawfords, will be me(ugly wood paneled XJ),a full size cab truck on 44's,and a grand waggy on tons and 42's. Hope to see yall there.

hey bigwoody are you riding with the fsj guys? if so i'm leadin trails for the c-class guys. lookin forward to seein you all there though! i'll be over at the trail leaders camp, white 96 f-250 towrig, big tractor orange jeep on 37s, cant miss it. arriving friday midday sometime. later guys!!

Yeah , one of the guys in our local club is a trail leader for the fsj guys, hes got one on tons and 42's. I doubt we will ride with him much on the day he is a leader(he's been to Tellico once,we've been there countless times). But I'm sure we will see you there,I'll be in a 96 f350 powerstroke flatbed with my garbage hooked behind it........

alright sweet, well i'll keep an eye out for ya'll definitely, i'll be getting there around midday/early afternoon on friday it looks like. see ya'll there!

well, my trip fell through. well at least everybody else did. so I ned someone to ride with this weekend! i'll b at crawfords midday friday.

35xj said:
well, my trip fell through. well at least everybody else did. so I ned someone to ride with this weekend! i'll b at crawfords midday friday.
You can ride with us as long as you don't mind the fact we take nothing serious and body damage is a thing to laugh at. You will get heckled and you will be welcome to join in the heckeling.We will be there Friday early evening.

it was a little wet, not too bad. Crawford said they got 12 inhes of rain in 2 days the previous week. weather was awesome! broke the "yoke" on my 8.8 at the bottom of gaurd rail! never thought to get a spare for that! My buddy layed his over f%@&ing around on the big rocks at the base of guard rail. it was a long day in the woods driving with just a locked front end! Glad to have a trailer! dave

You could say it was crowded! Fain's Ford was gridlocked with rigs trying to go up and down at the same time! That's the only pic I took all day long. There were about 10 rigs trying to come down,and who knows how many were trying to go up,I sort of lost count. Mark and I were the only ones to ride in our small group,plus one guy from IFSJA tagged along with us for the most part of the day checking out the moderate stuff. His comment was "This is moderate!?!? This stuff's hard!!" Mark and I had a good chuckle about that one. We had a good time,though. We sat at lower 2 for a while watching some of the CJ/YJ/TJ's come up. Saw one guy grenade both stub shafts or hubs,we didn't hang around to find out which,and saw another guy break an axle shaft. Saw one of the SJ's bust a driveshaft coming up the easy way at Fain's. There were some pretty cool rigs up there. Lots of CJ/YJ/TJ's,'Yota and so on,on 1 tons and 38"++ tires. Had a good day,with only a MINIMAL amount of trail rash. I dinged the lower driver's quarter just a tad on mine,just small enough that I didn't notice it apart from all the other dents and trail rash all over that area until I got home and hosed the dirt off of it :laugh: I can't wait 'til July!!!!

Our friend with the Grand waggy, that was going to be a trail leader, crashed his truck and trailer near Asheville so he didn't make it. We did though, had a good time,no major carnage other than a broken track bar wich we fixed at Crawfords. We road Schoolbus, gaurd rail, and finally made helicopter pad again after not making it the last couple of times I went. The only place we winched was to get my truck off the trail when the track bar broke. My buddy's full size cab truck on tons and 44's was nothing special this weekend,they were everywhere. Lots of people there, but we must have gotten lucky,we never really had to wait on anyone.

yeah i met mike, didn't get a chance to meet you though woody. we got stuck in all the damn traffic at fain's ford after two of our fsj guys broke, the guy in the orange one sheared the output shaft off his dana 20, and the guy in the silver one broke a rear driveshaft and pinion yoke. me and my buddy with the red toy on 37's did get a shot at lower 2 and upper 2 on sunday though and made pretty short work of it. i broke a centering pin on my front end and threw a ujoint cap out of my yoke at the tcase side which are both pretty easy fixed but i didn't realize them till i got off the trail. anyway, i'm gettin pumped about july, i am gonna try to head up there sooner than that though so i'll keep ya'll updated. nice rigs btw mike and woody.

Back