• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sixe of hole for XJ center bolt?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
What's the size of the hole for the Center Bolt in the rear leaf packs? I may hve to drill out the hole a little bit to add some leafs. I hope not..... Thanks.

Yucca-Man said:
7/16" from RE, 3/8" stock.
Are we talking bolt shank, or head? The OEM bolts are 5/16" diameter, and the REs are 3/8". The heads are larger (duh).

The original poster asked about the size needed for the hole, therefore we're talking head size.

Hiaboo said:
What's the size of the hole for the Center Bolt in the rear leaf packs? I may hve to drill out the hole a little bit to add some leafs. I hope not..... Thanks.
The way I read it, he's asking about the size of the hole in the leaves, not the mounting plate. That's why I asked ... just trying to keep us all on the same page.

Yea.. the holes in the leaf packs themselves.. th ehead, is obviously going to be larger for the axle perch.. but clearly, another way to phase my question is: how thick is the shank for the xj center pin/bolt.

5/16"

Back