• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear end

Yup, 87 for sure with the anecdotal 88 and 89 but they are rare enough in the 87s. You can also get an MJ D44 if you want to do some work on the spring pads and shock mounts

Yucca-Man said:
Yup, 87 for sure with the anecdotal 88 and 89 but they are rare enough in the 87s. You can also get an MJ D44 if you want to do some work on the spring pads and shock mounts

I forgot that, and thats EXACTLY what I did... Got tired of waiting for an XJ with one...and what do you know...I found one RIGHT after I had mine all fab'd up. GO FIGURE.

Spring pads are still available from the dealer and cheap too!

csr_011 said:
I have an 87XJ, how do i figure out if it has a Dana 44 in it?

Cory

What does the fill plug look like ?? plastic cap, screw with a access hole for a 3/8" extension, are a square protruding plug??

I couldn't find the pics around here, so this is the qwickest way I know.

bigwhitey - my 89 D35 had a metal fill plug with a 3/8" female hole. A ratchet plugged in the drain plug opened it.

The early Dana 35s had metal fill plugs. The plastic plug was another of Chrysler's cost-shaving measures. Dunno for certain, but I'd guess that came in when they switched to the c-clip axles.

Back