• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5spd in a 90 XJ??

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
is that going to be an AX-15?? the puegot trany was gone by then right? or is there another i cant remember? AFIK the AX-5 was not available in the XJ... so i assume its the AX-15....
thanks guys!

If it's in a 90 behind a 4.0L it should be an AX-15. The Peugeot lasted until mid-89 (many didn't even last that long of course). The AX-5 was behind 2.8L V6s and 2.5L 4-cyl XJs.

sidriptide said:
... so i assume its the AX-15....

Well, you know what they say about "assume", right?

Yeah, '89/'90 was a transition year out of the B/A-10, and there SHOULD be an AX-15 there, but I have seen too many strange things coming off of the Toledo assembly line to learn not to trust Jeep specs by model year.

Best you take a good look underneath, Mikey, and see if that big, ole Peugeot clamshell is staring back at you.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

guess i need to pull out the service manuals and learn the visual differences.. checking out a new trail rig this weekend hopefully..

Back