• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would this work

Of course, you can't trust photos, but those are not XJ D44 drums. Also, the kit includes drums but apparently does NOT include wheel cylinders. Seems kind of bass ackwards to me. I always replace wheel cylinders, but the drums can usually be turned ... unless they have previously been turned too many times and there's not enough material left.

Quadratec sells brake sets for the XJ ... why are you looking at CJ stuff?

What time frame are you contemplating. I have a complete good set of drum hardware from the backing plates out. I did a complete rebuild when I did my D44. It has new drums, hardware, and cylinders. I am doing a disc brake swap when I get back from Moab.

why was i looking at cj stuff? it was by accident, and that was a special that they had on the page. the price seemed to be too good. i asked the dealership how much for just drums, and he quoted me $85 a each.

old man, i too was thinking of discs. someone not too long ago posted a link for a bolt on disc kit for the 44, but if you would want to sell me your drums and all, i'd buy everything from you. i'm in no hurry, so it can wait till you get done with your conversion.

Back